Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP large banner

Article about: I recently stopped in a local antique store I haven't been in yet. I was very surprised when I walked to the back section of the store, because there were large mounds of Third Reich militar

Default NSDAP large banner

I recently stopped in a local antique store I haven't been in yet. I was very surprised when I walked to the back section of the store, because there were large mounds of Third Reich militaria I felt like a kid in a candy store lol.
    Anyways after digging through most of the items, I quickly realized a few things. #1 the prices were very odd. some things were priced very fair, while others were way over retail. #2 Many reproductions were being sold as originals. So after browsing the selection for a good 30+ minutes, I ended up purchasing this large NSDAP banner. I also bought a hand full of glass kriegsmarine buttons for only 50 cents a piece Unfortunately these are the only pics I have of the banner so far. Its so large I had to unfold it in my backyard. Hopefully the neighbors didn't see lol. Any ideas where this would have been used? Ill update this thread with more detailed photos, and the measurements too.

Best regards- Jarret

NSDAP large bannerNSDAP large banner

MAP
    ?

Nice piece Jarrett. There was another large flag posted just a few days ago. I think it was bigger than this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From your first pic it looks good. Sometimes they just can be picked out as original from one picture. The fabric, color, construction....good for you. I like it already

Thank you map! yes even though this one is large, Ive seen much larger ones myslef. I do think the size of this one is unusual though, I haven't seen too many that were this size before. A friend of mine who is a fellow collector said it could be a possible panzer ID flag, but i have my doubts.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by real steel View Post
    From your first pic it looks good. Sometimes they just can be picked out as original from one picture. The fabric, color, construction....good for you. I like it already
    In the store I could instantly tell this one was original. The look, the feel, and even the smell of it lol were correct.
    Thanks real steel!

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

Doubt it is an ID flag. Too big IMHO. I would cover the whole turret of a King Tiger LoL!

I have one of these so called Panzer flags. They are much smaller and have 4 zinc grommets on each corner.

Either way this looks great. Just impossible to display
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Doubt it is an ID flag. Too big IMHO. I would cover the whole turret of a King Tiger LoL!

I have one of these so called Panzer flags. They are much smaller and have 4 zinc grommets on each corner.

Either way this looks great. Just impossible to display
    Thanks MAP! Yeah I had my doubts about it being a panzer ID banner. Your very right, I'm probably never going to have the opportunity to display it. But its still an amazing piece of history.

Best regards- Jarret