Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Old khaki tunic - European?

Article about: Hello all, This khaki tunic is far removed from my usual collecting/interest sphere but I would love to know what it is. It has a Central/Eastern European look to it - Austria-Hungary or per

Default Old khaki tunic - European?

Hello all,

This khaki tunic is far removed from my usual collecting/interest sphere but I would love to know what it is.

It has a Central/Eastern European look to it - Austria-Hungary or perhaps Poland? There appears to be an artillery affiliation - It may be put together nonsense but if anyone can ID or send me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if when ID'd this is in the wrong forum.

Apologies for the small pics - This is not an item I own.

Best wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old khaki tunic - European?   Old khaki tunic - European?  

Old khaki tunic - European?   Old khaki tunic - European?  

?

interesting jacket. The poles uses the two headed eagle. I see there is an anchor on the buttons as well as the eagle.

Edit: When i zoomed in on the photo i see the jacket has a ribbon that looks like a russian StGeorge ribbon.

Cross of St. George - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The buttons look Imperial Russian to me is there anything marked on the rear of them?

Thanks for your help. Imperial Russia would coincide with the (suspected) ribbon but I'm not sure the button markings are Russian alphabet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old khaki tunic - European?  

I think the buttons are Austro-Hungarian!..

For me the double-headed eagle looks like the Russian imperial one. However the inscription at the back of the button is German: "Knopf Lieferant" (button supplier).

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

The branch of service at the shoulder boards seems to be amoured cars, maybe a captain,
    see site "Pygmy Wars"
    Pygmy Wars Barends - shoulderboards page

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917