So a few years ago I picked up this M-36c for pretty much shipping costs and decided to remove the ugly 1950's paint since they never prepped the helmet for the Soviet paint underneath and it was all coming off. I was happy to find that the shield was in better condition than I thought it would be. I decided I liked the way the helmet looked with paints history.

I was happy with it being in my collection but showed it on a site while talking about history of Bulgaria and someone took interest in the blurry interior picture and asked for better pictures. Here is what that person said

"It's really interesting for me to see that little piece of history. The name is indeed Valcho Kirev (Вълчо Кирев) spelt as 'Вълчо Киревь' which is the correct spelling before the grammatical reform of 1945, meaning that the guy who owned it definitely was enlisted before 1945.
The other word below his name is 'парашут.' An abbreviation for paratrooper (парашутист). It literally means parachute, however both words have the same root and the dot is usually placed when abbreviating words. This most likely means that whoever owned this helmet was a paratrooper.
"

Thanks for looking at my mostly common helmet.

Restored Bulgarian M-36c with a possible Paratrooper connection.Restored Bulgarian M-36c with a possible Paratrooper connection.Restored Bulgarian M-36c with a possible Paratrooper connection.Restored Bulgarian M-36c with a possible Paratrooper connection.