Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Romanian army belt buckle , with shrapnel damage . Eastern front

Article about: I bought this attractive heavy brass buckle in this summer. Im not 100% certain but think its Romanian other ranks issue,although i have a plain steel buckle which is also Romanian Army . i

Default Romanian army belt buckle , with shrapnel damage . Eastern front

I bought this attractive heavy brass buckle in this summer. Im not 100% certain but think its Romanian other ranks issue,although i have a plain steel buckle which is also Romanian Army . i would appreciate any comments , as to what pattern it is ,dates back to WW1 or not ? Romanian items are the least talked about of all the Axis !
    Juist noticed after photographing some traces of olive green paint in the crown recesses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian army belt buckle , with shrapnel damage . Eastern front   Romanian army belt buckle , with shrapnel damage . Eastern front  

Last edited by Rob truscott; 10-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: Romanian army belt buckle , with shrapnel damage . Eastern front

It is 100% Romanian. I can confirm that. I am Romanian and very much into war relics collecting myself. This is the standard issue buckle, for enlisted men and NCO's. The paint might have there for cammo purposes only, knowing that when new (and if well taken care of) they were impressively shiny. Thanks. Dan (Bucharest-Romania)

nice relic hy from denmark iam romanian also keep this beltbucke it very rare to find ..its original

hello . it's a Romanian ww2 land force issued item , these are rare because they weren't issued to all NCO 's and after the war they were hastily replaced by the ones baring the new republic's coat of arms ( R.P.R) . i don't know what to say about the shrapnel scars they look pretty new . but in other terms good item and scarce even here in the motherland .