Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Romanian Loyal service award

Article about: A friend of mine gave me the awards from a relative including a Romanian Loyal Service Award. It was missing the cross with swords and I had no hope of replacing it. But, as luck would have

Default Romanian Loyal service award

A friend of mine gave me the awards from a relative including a Romanian Loyal Service Award. It was missing the cross with swords and I had no hope of replacing it. But, as luck would have it, I found one on ebay in Bulgaria! I will put the two together and have a complete award. NH

Medal arrived today from Bulgaria. I will be putting the two together this evening. Can't believe I found this on ebay so quickly. NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian Loyal service award  

?

Lucky find.

But let me give you an small advice Sir. Do not display your address on internet, this is an open forum. And displaying your address here making it easier for the criminals to go to your home.

We can all clearly read your address on the envelope.

Hi Neil. It's great you're able to reassemble these two
    pieces ! - As said though, showing your address
    is not a good idea.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi folks, Thanks for the response. That is not my home address - work address which is already public. The building has multiple security doors and locks on it and I don't keep any of my collection at work. Later today I will post a photo of the awards assembled in one display case. NH

Here is everything put together in one display case. I decided to keep all of this together because it is attributed to one individual. I don't have a lot of information on Adolf Neimke but I do know all of this came from his family. He lived in Bremen and was wounded badly in the arm during service rendering him partially disabled. There was no Verwundetabzeichen in this lot but his wound would have qualified him for the silver. Apparently, he was a Romanian national who served during the first world war and again in the second world war. The awards or remaining pieces include ribbon for the Honour Cross of WWI, Romania Loyal Service, ribbon for the War Merit WWII, Iron Cross 2nd class WWII and the Crimea commemorative award. NH

?

Looks great!!

Nice lot on display sir. The Romanian Medal is called actually Romanian Loyal Service Cross, in order to be distinguished by the medal with the same name. Both the medal and the cross were awarded in 3 classes (gold, silver, bronze) and the cross was superior to the medal. Also to be mentioned is that there are both civilian awards (without swords) and military awards (with swords).
    Your item is a military award 3rd class that was instituted through Royal Decree in 19.12.1938 in order to reward heroic deeds of the soldiers and NCO's
    You have in the attachment all three classes of this medal
    Best regards
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian Loyal service award  

Sever, Thank you for the input. NH