Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Romanian loyal service medal

Article about: Hi i bought this medal, its a romanian loyal service medal, but i dont know if it´s a copy or not or from with era it was. could you help me? please. greetings

Default Romanian loyal service medal

Hi i bought this medal, its a romanian loyal service medal, but i dont know if it´s a copy or not or from with era it was. could you help me? please. greetings

Default Re: Romanian loyal service medal

Awarded between 1880-1932 for both military and civilian service...Missing ring/ribbon.
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Romanian loyal service medal 

As Glenn said, it's missing it's suspension ring, but from what i can see of it, it elsewise looks genuine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks now its in my collection, it was a very cheap medal, he offered to me this one:

As you can see , the ribbon its not the original, but the medal seems to be genuine, this medal its a conmemorative one, for the 40 years of kingdom of Carol I from Rumania. What do you think?

Very Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello everyone
    if you allow me I have some observations about these two medals
    1. The first medal - Romanian Loyal Service Medal - seems to me a late 1938 military model, rather than the one shown above which is the 1880 civilian model (compare the shape of the royal emblem - lions, crown, etc.). Your piece lacks the crossed swords and crown, and also the ribbon is different than the one shown above. I attached an example for comparison. Due to its bad shape it is difficult to say what class it belongs but I think it might be nevertheless a 1st class
    On what's concerning the second item, it is the military version of this jubilee award (the civil one had another reverse). Still I have never seen an item of this sort with the lateral years engraved rather than embossed (as it is normal).
    Best regards
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian loyal service medal