Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Skull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regiment

Article about: These interesting skull collar insignia arrived today from Spain. This insignia is usually hard to find in a matching pair, and I'm glad to have found them as such. I took some photo's with

?

Skull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regimentSkull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regiment

?

I just found another photo of the skull being used into WWII by a Blue Division soldier along with a mix of German and Spanish insignia

Skull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regimentSkull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regiment

LINK: Spanish Blue Div. Anti-Tank badge

Skull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regiment from my collection.
    In this particular case, the badge was used during the Civil War too by the Perea Column, formed by CNT militiamen.
    The pins have been removed and the skull has a hole in its forehead to be sewn

?

Another reference photo:

CAZADOR RGTO. CAZADORES LUSITANIA Nº 12 - 1922-1931

Credit: M. Mora Collection

My little contribute to the extensive information and photographic evidence already shown by fellow collectors.
    These skulls date back to 1909 and this could be the manufacturer A.Huete from Madrid.

PLATE FOR BANDOLERA OF THE CAVALRY LUSITANIA REGIMENT whit manufacturer mark.

I think this is also a Lusitanian but i am doubting. i see some small differences with the ones posted in this thread

?

I have doubts about this one. I have never seen this configuration on the back and it appears to be a molded piece rather than die struck. If you have a weight on the piece I can compare with mine. I would avoid this example for now.

ebay routinely sells cast copies like this one below as German skulls. perhaps the forgers have gotten a little smarter and are making them more plausible with hollow backs and saw tooth pins like the Berlin Hoard skulls.

Regards, Al

it is not mine. got only the pictures

?

Quote by PierreN View Post
    it is not mine. got only the pictures
    Ok, the thick edges and flat surfaces around the badge indicate a cast piece, albeit better quality than the current crop on ebay.

compare it to an authentic crisp die struck badge

Regards, Al

the one that i posted has no "lines" in de skull which i found "strange" compared to the ones you posted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3