Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Article about: Thought i would share one of my favourite recent purchases . A Spanish Foreign Legion Belt Buckle that has been dug up around the Blue Division positions on the Leningrad Front. Im not an ex

Default Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Thought i would share one of my favourite recent purchases . A Spanish Foreign Legion Belt Buckle that has been dug up around the Blue Division positions on the Leningrad Front. Im not an expert on this topic ,and would welcome opinions . Its been cleaned but i think its a faithful dig up . The Russian trader knew it was Spanish Army , but no more. It is the African Army insignia that Franco commanded - am i right ?
    This buckle find leads me to ask the question - to what extent did the Spanish volunteers take with them and wear possibly, items of non German uniform out of allegiance and sentiment to Spain ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front   Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front  

Default Re: Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

first,sorry for my terrible english.yes,you are ok.it´s a officer "legion española" belt buckle.it was very common (and permited ) that spanish soldiers wear belt buckles(the officers) or spanish emblems on his uniforms.

Default Re: Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Thankyou for your reply . Im pleased it is as i thought . It is interesting the question of what the Blue Division wore with their uniforms. And would be nice to see some photographs of the fact they did this . Viva Espana !

?

What a great find Rob , and an interesting theme , thanks for showing it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Sure it's a Spanish Legion Buckle! (worn first in Africa?)

Default "Spanish Sahara (Tanks?) Legion Lusitania Regiment 3rd Tercio? Belt buckle

Hi Gents,I read this is an "unofficial made Spanish Legion Belt Buckle " by a employee of Maker "Cereceda"Tank Bandera?

with Calavera Y Tibia "Skull" Hight: 7,1 cm x 5,3 cm
    "Viva la muerte!"
    Any more INFO very appreciated!
    Thanks & Regards GermanskiSpanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front
    Last edited by Germanski; 05-16-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: addition

?

Hello Germanski, I have seen various buckles like these for sale on Spanish websites and I'm not convinced of their authenticity. I provided pictures of three samples I found for sale and all of their finishes look suspect to me. They range from a modern electroplating finish to what appears to be painted finishes. I have not seen evidence of this type of buckle being used by the Legion in any photo's or literature. They are described as non-regulation which is a signal to me that they may not be authentic. This is however only my opinion based on an educated guess. I would like to see more information support that these where in fact used by the Legion but more importantly during what time period.
    Cheers, Al

Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad frontSpanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front
    Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad frontSpanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Thanks Aldo!
    some are expensive,but I want not spend so much when
    not sure if they Original & old
    looking interesting anyway,I think they make them
    now "new" (Polish sellers make this Skull design?). and "Strange " I seen Rings with this Skull Design (One on Pinterest. Prize £170! back on for sale after Buyer send back thinking it's "Remake"?0 Inside this Rings engraved: "IV / 1942"?? Don't know what happen on this Date (Maybe "Blue Division" Battle?) another Re-make for EURO 30.- by German Seller as :"Husar Stormtroup Reichswehr Ring"? Here a Pics. how they look like any Idea of the Origine of that Ring? Very appreciated Thanks GermanskiSpanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front
    Last edited by Germanski; 05-17-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: additon

Some Friends from the Ring forum now think it's "Fantasie"??
    but - ? This is for Discussion - to find the possible "Truth" behind for making such a Ring?
    Best Germanski
    Last edited by Germanski; 05-18-2018 at 06:43 AM.