Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...

Article about: Hi, To date i have had so many differing opinions from various collectors on the date of this badges production,from the Spanish Civil War to more recently 1970s...it is unmarked. and has bu

Default SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...

Hi,
    To date i have had so many differing opinions from various collectors on the date of this badges production,from the Spanish Civil War to more recently 1970s...it is unmarked.
    and has bubbling under its enamel ,this iv been told means its post war ???
    Do any forum members" specifically "collect spanish / franco period pilot wings and can give me a definative answer.
    Looking forward to hearing the forums discussion on this badge.
    thanks
    steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...   SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...  

SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...   SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...  

ASR
    ?

For me is fifties / sixties.

Later examples from the seventies usually have a pinback system copied from US insignia.

Civil war examples don't look so <<industrially>> made (the crown's manufacturing technique is rather telling).
    Furthermore, they ALWAYS have an enamelled black eagle between the red disc and the propeller (see pictures of Legion Condor veterans or Spanish Escuadrilla Azul in Russia).
    Many are marked with the most common manufacturer <<ROKISKI>> So common a manufacturer that nowadays these airforce wings are generally called <<rokiskis>> in Spain.

Sometimes you may see original examples with the eagle removed during the fifities when the model was modified (the eagle was just held in place by the speciality insignia and its screw), but this one does not seem the case.

As you may know already, the propeller stands for an airplane pilot.

The bubbling is rather a manufaturer's variation (although it is true that wartime-early post war examples tend to have a better quality bubbling or design to make the red disc glow with light).

I don't collect airforce wings but I've seen very many from 1913 pattern (I even own one) till now.

As a matter of curiosity, the Spanish army was the first to use a winged motif for airforce personnel (inspired from an ancient Egypt design). This example is a direct heir (as the basic design did not change much with time).

Hello. Is this a set of Spanish Pilot's Badge from the Spanish Civil War? If it is, which side (Franco or other)?

Made of gold (marked 750) and silver (marked 925) - see photos.

The amount of gold and silver are significant, this large badge is heavy.

Can you please verify date and any other information that would be useful in properly identifying it?

Thank you. LinasSPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...

?

Hello, the one you posted would be a Franco era wing post civil war. Difficult to know the exact time frame as they were used from the 1940's until the 1970's. There were many variations of civil war era wings because they were not regulated as much until after the Franco regime was established. here I post a basic 1938 nationalist wing and a bullion Republican wing from my collection. there are many more types.

Al

Nationalist
    SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...

SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...SPANISH FRANCO ???? Pilots badge ...exact period of manurfacture help required ...

Republican

More Nationalist top republic bottom type

Post war like yours

Here is a reference links that can help you identify Legion Condor and other Spanish wings
    Legion Condor - Pilot/Observer

?

Quote by ASR View Post
    For me is fifties / sixties.

Later examples from the seventies usually have a pinback system copied from US insignia.
    I think your answer lies here in this 5 year old post. I believe he is right about the pinback system being from the 70's. Most of the older ones I have encountered or own in my collection have a separate clasp back mechanism like this.