Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...

Article about: Hello guys, First of all, I know that this thread maybe don't belong at this place in the forum so mods, please move it to the right place. I really don't know where it should belong. At the

?

Default Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...

Hello guys,

First of all, I know that this thread maybe don't belong at this place in the forum so mods, please move it to the right place.
    I really don't know where it should belong.

At the moment I am on holidays in Spain and visited a local antiqueshop overhere.

Here I found this small and nice overseascap. I should be a Guardia Civil's cap from the time under Franco.

Is it period WW2 or pre WW2 and what could be the value of such cap. Is there someone who can provide me some more information about these kind of caps.

Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...

?

Default Re: Spanish Franco time Guardia Civil overseas cap...

No thaughts at all about this cap?

Krikke...not a lot known about these items here I would imagine, but I like it, and it looks period (1940's-50's) I would buy it, even better if its at a good price ! The Spanish Civil war and its aftermath is something I have always wanted the read about, but never have.....as my parents live over in Malaga, I should !
    Thanks for showing, and good luck with its purchase.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thx for the reply Steve. I hope for some more reply's.

Kris.

Hi, the design does apear to be from a period around ww2, but from what i know these are rarely marked.
    I dont think it would be easy to determine an exact date.
    Its not falange related nor condor legion, so its one of those pieces that are not exactly sought after.
    But i still think that looks very cool.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

I think is a army overseas cap middles 50's. In front wear a rank, in this pics i can not fully appreciate what is, looks damaged, maybe sergeant or brigade.

Cheers

Ed

?

Well thx Ed for your response. But seller told me it is Guardia Civil for sure...

K.

?

Guardia civil is just a branch of army, in the middels 50`s many parts of uniformity are identical of regular army.

Today, the uniforms are very different.

Ed

ASR
    ?

Is an army pattern 1943 forage cap. Summer weight.
    Civil Guard model is exactly the same in cut and piping, but made in this branch characterstic uniform greener shade. In this time it ranges from a dark field grey hue to a dark green, not unlike the german police.

The golden lace at the front stands for <<first corporal>> a rank between a corporal and a sergeant.

They were replaced in 1956 for a mountain cap with earflaps. yet stocks held on for a few years more till the very early sixties.

Not to be mistaken for the Spanish Foreign legion cap, which is very different in appearance and manufacture.