MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish M30 Helmet

Article about: My new Spanish helmet arrived today. Initially designed for the Czech Army, the M30 helmet was never issued because of the development of the new M32 helmet. During the outbreak of the Spani

?

Default Spanish M30 Helmet

My new Spanish helmet arrived today. Initially designed for the Czech Army, the M30 helmet was never issued because of the development of the new M32 helmet. During the outbreak of the Spanish Civil war the Republican Government bought large stocks of the M30 helmets. The helmet eventually saw use by both sides of the conflict as utilizing captured uniforms and equipment was common practice during the civil war. The helmet was designed to be used with the ventilation lugs to the rear and the larger skirt providing protection to the back of the neck. However, period pictures show the the helmet being used with lugs to the front as well.

My helmet has no liner and I believe it has the original finish but it may have been repainted over during the Franco regime. The chinstrap is also installed inside out but it's too fragile to loosen it and fix it. I took pictures with flash and natural light to show the differences in patina.

Spanish M30 HelmetSpanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

Spanish M30 Helmet

?

Thats a pretty cool helmet Aldo with a interesting background.
    Has a very unique shape!

I dont think it was refurbished. The lack of the national insignia is one reason, and i think the paint job on your helmet has is not the refurbished one.

Here is a section of my refurbished M26 helmet, its paint is a much darker green.
    Spanish M30 Helmet

?

Thanks, JB That's what I thought. Most of the repainted helmets I've seen have that darker green paint with thick paint chips missing.

?

Here he has joined his soft headgear comrades

Spanish M30 Helmet

?

Funny, I just saw one listed at auction with multiple layers of paint and original liner misidentified as a Japanese helmet.

Spanish M30 HelmetSpanish M30 HelmetSpanish M30 HelmetSpanish M30 HelmetSpanish M30 Helmet

?

Beautiful Helmet Aldo! the M30 helmet or "casco checo" is my favorite one from the Spanish Civil War. Thanks for share yours here with so many pictures!
    I have never seen one at flea market where I live, but I keep my eyes open... the only ones are always post war z42 model.

I hope that nobody will be paying so much for that helmet thinking that he or she is purchasing a Japanese helmet. That´s why it is so important to do some research before selling or buying anything. I have seen as well people misidentified spanish Saharianas as Italian jackets or as SS tropical field tunics.

best regards, Luis

?

Thank you Luis. These helmets are not too expensive or hard to come by here but it's tough to find one with the original paint and liner. I'm happy at least mine has the original paint.
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

A nice example Aldo. Not one I know anything about. Learned something new today
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks, I've always wanted to add one to the Spanish collection and I got lucky and found one in original paint scheme for not too much money.