Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Flag, fake or real?

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently bought this SS flag from an Auction. This is the photo they provided me, I want to know if it’s real or fake. Thanks.

Starting price was $45, but then again a lot of their items which I can guarantee are authentic since the pictures were close up started off cheap as well. One guy bid on it for $50, but I beat him and bidded for $55. They do claim that they have people to validate their authenticity, but I think this is a bogus claim since no authenticator can validate 2000 lots in a short time. Anyways, I am yet to receive the pictures I have requested.

No need for additional pictures. Nobody but a madman is going to start a genuine SS flag at a bid of $45. For an authentic piece, you'd be looking at a starting bid in the low thousands. SS gear never comes cheap. When it does, beware!

Regards, B.B.

I appreciate the help guys, but I’ll just see with the extra photos if it’s real or not, cause I’m aware there’s a small chance that it’s real, I really just wanna take this small chance. I’m sad though that collecting has become a minefield nowadays, all of us have to constantly watch out for fakes, just because of the greedy intentions of certain people. I appreciate all of the help you guys have given me, thank you all and have a nice day.

If you do end up getting those additional photos, be sure to post them here. We'd all like to see them.

We're glad to help you, and you're right. Collecting has been a minefield for decades, especially SS stuff. For every authentic piece of SS gear, there are thousands of fakes. That's why it's important to be extra careful, and to be sure of what you're buying before you put money down on it. It's a hazardous collecting field, and certainly not a cheap one, but it's perfectly possible to build up a collection if proper care is taken.

It is certainly a good deal easier now than it used to be, with the advent of the internet, and forums like this one, where the knowledge of dozens of experienced collectors is at your fingertips. Make good use of those resources, build up your own knowledge base, and you'll go far.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    No need for additional pictures. Nobody but a madman is going to start a genuine SS flag at a bid of $45. For an authentic piece, you'd be looking at a starting bid in the low thousands. SS gear never comes cheap. When it does, beware!

Indeed. And that is an important fourth rule in addition to the three outlined in post # 4:

* If it sounds too good to be true... It isn't.

Well, they said that the items have already been sealed and packed up for shipping, so therefore they can’t provide me with additional photos. Also, I read in their terms and conditions that once I bid, I am required to pay. This is pretty bogus, I’m sadly forced to spend my money either way. Hopefully this may serve as a lesson for me. All I can do is hope that this flag is actually genuine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2