Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts on this M33 Italian Helmet

Article about: Hi All, Just picked up this Italian M33, what are your thoughts on the paint? any opinions are appreciated Thank you

Oh, yes! There you have a nice WWII M33
    P 109 is a wartime production code (probably Pignone factory), the liner is really nice, with its stamp and the early war/pre war sewn style ("I I" instead "Z"), and the chinstrap is correct too. About the air vents, they seems to me of 2nd type, so, again, wartime or pre war production: but not "pre" enough to have been in Spain in 1936. I would wait for some other opinions on that point, but I think that the M33's used by Italian (and Spanish) troops during the Spanish Civil War would have the 1st type air vents.
    The black paint under the overpaint is definitely the remnant of an Italian Army unit stencil: too bad isn't clear enough to find out the unit (or branch): it could give us more clues about that brownish re-paint.
    Anyway, I would confirm that this is an early post war Italian redo, mainly because the air vents.
    Congrats again, I like it.

?

Original ww2 helmet without doubt, airvents are ok and also liner.
    Brownish paint, imho, is the typical early postwar kaki paint. During '50s helmet were different both for chinstraps and external finishing, but many ww2 m33 were "upgraded" to the new regulations.
    This is prpbably one of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2