Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

I have to change the question a little, I didn't mean that the trousers are not original but I mean what is the origin of the trousers ? Maybe war booty uniform from for example the Netherlands and changed for the cossacks. I can't see it clearly on the pictures.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I will not open the parcel before my vacation sometime during the summer. So that vacation will be like Christmas for me.
    That is a ''bloody'' 'long time before you will see your new items. Must be a long vacation then.

?

Aha, sorry English is not my language.

They appear to be of Yugoslavian orgin, they even have the pockets adjusted for the red stripe- they have stamps but i have no pics of these yet. I will post these as soon as i have the chance to do so.
    I have my treasures in Norway, but live in a country with much more comfortable climate. I cant get rid of my addiction for collecting ww2, so i continue collecting these old pices and enjoy them when i have the chance.

Hello,

Very nice topic on a very uncomon subject.

To add on the topic, I went throught the below shoulder board that were said to be from the Vlasov army

All the best

Bruno

?

Bruno, can you please take some more detailed photos of these shoulder boards please?

?

After a long time than here again a small update.
    A volunteer helmet, with painted swastika.
    Leather inside is sadly enough not the original.
    Took a long time before I found a picture (simply overlooked the detail) where it seems to be that a similair helmet with swastika was in use with as far as I can see ROA soldiers.

?

Fantastic addition Frei!

And i dont believe i have seen this photo before.

?

I got the chance to see my latest pieces of old cloth, and i found a nice but sadly a little weak "POA" stamp inside the Don Essaul jacket.
    It is the first jacket i have in my hands that has this markings.

You can see the lines forming the "X" Cross over the "B"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

?

Nice stamp, I have a similair one in the POW jacket I posted before but without the 'B' stamp.
    Mine has on the other side the stamp ''CM 39 2 KW''
    I believe there is another jacket in my collection with a similair stamp but I am not sure which one. Most of my collection is in boxes and once in a while I take a look at it.
    The renovation of my house is more important at the moment !

''CM39'' is the original Dutch army stamp and the other stamps are made by the germans. What the ''KW'' stamp means I don't know. Maybe somebody can help me here.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

I have 2 questions:

1.) I'm curious to see photos of Female Cossack volunteers. As I only know of a couple that exist. I'd be interested to see more of them.

2.) Does anyone have an original 360. Kosaken Festungs Regiment red arm shield? (Not the one with stripes, the one with a border). I'd like to replicate this, but I'm not sure if it was a red shield with german tress on the border, as it seems to be too thin.

Thank you for any assistance.

Franz

?

Hello Franz,
    Indeed there are not many pictures of female cossacks.
    Here are two of them, I know that there is still another one but I have to search. Maybe you already know these two but anyway ;

Interesting are the weapons in the background of the second picture ; looks like italian carcano's. Never seen a picture where they carry on of these weapons.

Sadly enough I cannot help you with an original armshield from the 360.Kosaken Festungs Regiment. Never seen an original one. Must be out there somewhere !

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast