Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

No, I don't have any Schuma items. Never see them around here.
    The jacket above I found like it is, complete with the shoulderboards. My first thought was when I found it that the collartabs belongs to caucasiens and not ROA, but indeed it is ROA. The jacket is a luftwaffe drillich jacket and all the emblems seems to be original attached.
    About the red and white shoulderboards - they where worn by the Platov (cossack cavalry Regiment) in combination with the collartabs as on my uniform. These grey shoulderboards as on this jacket I never seen before.

?

Well that jacket is a star i any collection. A very interesting piece!!
    Thanks for showing me, i appreciate it.

Hello,

May I asked for your help?
    I recently acquired these insignas that were presented as german, and most are, but the small trianglse aren't part of the usual german rank insignas. I was wondering if they may be for some ROA/RONA troups.

What do you think?
    They slighly differs from the soviet en as non enemald

In advance thnak you

Bruno

?

I do not know these triangles. I know the sovjets used triangles, but i know very little about sovjet militaria.

Hello TrondK,

Thanks for your reply. This isn't an easy one as even ROA / RONA, if this is this, used different type of ranking during the war. At the end they tried to get more official german regulated rank but at the begining it was really various.

I saw that some were using similar rank like what they previously had in the Soviet army with collar tab similar to the M35.

But it is very difficult to find any documentation or real information on this

All the very best

Bruno

?

Hello Bruno,
    Basic seems to looks like these enamelled nco rank insignia for collar tabs (far right)

Hello Frei,

Thanks for your response. Yes they look similar. Therefor they also differ by the drawing that usualy shows lines in the Inside wich isn't the case in the one I aquired

Here is an example on square one's

Very very nice railway star by the way : )

Bruno

?

Indeed you are right.
    Can it be that they are beiing made in differant factory's ?
    In my russian ww2 collection are many items from differant factory's and no one is the same. Differances in colour, style etc. etc.

By the way the items on the picture (railway star etc.) are not from my collection. I found the picture on my computer, took it somewhere from the internet.

?

Here another volunteer with a german overcoat. As example I took an original picture I found on the internet.

The georgien soldiers have a mix of gear. The soldiers in the front have all english webbing belts, only the one in the middle (with the tokarev rifle) seems to have a ''home made'' belt. No idea what that is. Like the soldiers on the picture mine also have a german M1927 field cap.
    The soldiers in the background (left) - next to the one with the helmet - seems to have a dutch field cap.
    Typical late war picture with a mixture of uniforms and gear.

Hello Frei,

Very nice picture and very nice manaquin

It is iteresting to see all the dirrefernt comboination of eqipements

Most of the time collectors try to fit to the most standard items and display but reality on the field was far different. E^specially for troups form other countries.

I just learned that the pips I shown earlier came out with a group of Kriegsmarine insignias...

All the best

Bruno

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast