Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

Are you sure of this jacket frei? I am not sure if i have ever heard of such stripes on the shield, or two under the shield. I have a photo somewhere of a Schuma w 4 stripes on the collar exactly like on your jacket

I know they used silverstripes on the arms. But i cannot remember seeing, or reading anything with this combination of insignia.

Now i am going to walk around like a zombie thinking of this jacket of yours frei. I bet my maids are going to ask me why i am on Google looking for related cossack photos instead for doing something constructive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

?

I have the same questions with the armshield. I only know about ''Bewahrungsabzeichen'' as a silver stripe above the armshield. This stripe can be done in the field but I also never saw it. But again I saw some strange things before (privatly made).

About the stripes below the armshield, I believe it is fantasy but I thought maybe someone seen something like that before. That's why I posted it here before I remove it.

The collartabs, breasteagle and schoulderboards are original sew at the jacket. About the armshield I am not sure, still a question to me. Inside are several stamps, dutch and german. In all the jacket is in good shape, it has some moth holes but nothing serious.

?

It seems that the stripes below the armshield where attached with glue and later sewed.
    So I have to make the conclusion that the stripes where sadly not original attached.
    Possibly the armshield was attached on the same way. But for now I will not change anything about the shield. First I try to find out more about it.

?

Set ROA collarpatches :

?

Good looking Set frei.

?

Armshield of a Russian ROA volunteer ;

It's a little smaller in size than the bevo ROA armshield.

?

Very interesting. Can you place a standard shield next to it please??

Here is a standard POA (like mine) which I thought you would like to see:

British Intell Corps Officers bring back group: something for everyone here
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes Adrian, that is a good looking shield. I have not this model in my collection (yet)
    Is it possible to include a photo of it into this thread please

The one pic I have of it is in the link.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast