Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

Thanks again.
    Here is a picture of the Don armshield. It was on the jacket when I found it.
    If it was original attached to the jacket I am not sure, think that it is reattached, but nevertheless it seems to be an original armshield.

?

Very nice shield- These are not often seen, do you have the same shield with "DON" text on top as well?

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    This Terek has also the Wehrmacht collartabs. So to find a Volunteer jacket with the rare cossack tabs is very difficult to find.
    I haven't found a Terek jacket yet, around here the most jackets you find are from the ''Ostbatalionen'' such as the turkistans, roa etc. untouched cossack jacket are seldom seen. On the most jackets the emblems are partly or completely removed. I would appreciate it if you would post some pictures from your Terek jacket.

Sadly enough I haven't the same Don cossack armshield with ''DON'' above it.
    But I have a TEREK one.

?

Nice shield.

If i recall right this is the 44 model?! I dont have my library here at the moment.
    I have been looking for ROA jacket with collartabs, but they are hard to find as well. (Lets not to forget the headgear from these guys)

Here are the Terek.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

?

Nice shield.

If i recall right this is the 44 model?! I dont have my library here at the moment.
    When I am right it is a armshield of ''Kosaken Der Divisionstruppen'' ;
    - Div.Nachrichten Abteilung 55
    - Pionier Btl.55
    - 1.Reiter Art.Abt.55
    - 2.Reiter Art.Abt.55
    - Aufklarungs Abt.55
    These where al worn with a stripe (yellow, black, red) through it. Yellow for Nachrichten; black for Pionier; red for Reiter Art. Abt.
    The armshield issued in the autumm of 1943. All where worn on the right arm, altough pictures excist of the shield on the left arm.

I have been looking for ROA jacket with collartabs, but they are hard to find as well. (Lets not to forget the headgear from these guys).
    I have 3 untouched and complete jackets of the ROA all are different. Wil post some pictures later on.

About your Terek jacket; it seems that it has some austrian/hungarian influence. Interesting jacket, never seen one like this. Seems to be old style russian shoulderboard. They were sometimes used by cossacks. What do you know about the jacket?
    Last edited by frei; 09-24-2013 at 10:00 PM.

?

Thanks for the data. I was not sure of the details
    I dont know so much about this jacket, only that it came from Holland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

?

Thanks for the data. I was not sure of the details
    I dont know so much about this jacket, only that it came from Holland.
    Well I was born there. You mean that you find the jacket in the Netherlands. Will check my pictures and books to find some information about such a jacket. That's the nice part of such a collection, everything is possible. Not al is like the regulations.

During the war only ''Ostbatalionen'' where in Holland. As you will know is one of them the famous 822nd Georg inf. Bat. that made the uprising on the Island of Texel in april 1945. Visit it the graveyard of those georgiens a few time.
    Here some pictures ot the 822 ''Queen Tamara'' Georgien Infantry Batt. during their stay in Holland ;

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA[

?

I once got another jacket from Nederland. That was used by a Georgian volunteer.

?

I once got another jacket from Nederland. That was used by a Georgian volunteer.
    That is also interesting !!!
    Of course I would like to see some pictures.

I have 1 georgien soldier, all items are original but the jacket is not untouched. I reattached the georgien collartabs and armshield.

Your Terek jacket can be a converted dutch officer jacket, it's not clear on the pictures but I believe it is no wool. Dutch officer jacket where privat purchased and made after the wish of the officer, so they can be a little differant.
    If it is a converted jacket than in this case the breast pockets are converted to german style and the lower pocket ..... well don't see that before. Normaly converted dutch jackets can have german attached lower pocket anyway not like on your jacket.
    Shoulder board can indicate : Terek Kosaken Reiter Regiment 6, seems to be a major

Here is the georgien jacket. More pictures of a setup I can if you want post later on.

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA[

?

Now that is a very interesting jacket Sir!!

Mine is sadly without the "Volunteer" collartabs, but still a nice untouched piece.

------

I do not own the jacket in the background.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast