Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown badge possibly Italian

Article about: This is part of the small grouping of Herman Goring cuff title and a couple of badges I just acquired directly from the family here on the Isle of Man. It's not often that things come up &qu

Default Unknown badge possibly Italian

This is part of the small grouping of Herman Goring cuff title and a couple of badges I just acquired directly from the family here on the Isle of Man. It's not often that things come up "fresh to the market" But this one has got me! Anyone any ideas please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown badge possibly Italian  

Indeed Italian...7th Bersaglieri Regiment...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown badge possibly Italian 

Hi Johnno,

It's a Bersaglieri cap badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

A cap badge for the 7th Bersaglieri Regiment, I believe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersaglieri

Thank you sooooo much chaps. It came out of the small grouping I just snagged. I thought it was but wasn't sure - knowledge is power - thanks again chaps

I believe that the Hermann Goering Division and the -reconstituted- 7th Bersaglieri both fought in Sicily - The original unit was lost in Tunisia...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I believe that the Hermann Goering Division and the -reconstituted- 7th Bersaglieri both fought in Sicily...
    cheers, Glenn
    That would make sense - as they all came from the same person Cheers Glenn - now any ideas on the Admin patch

Morning John,
    it is true, the 7th Reg. "Bersaglieri" fought in Africa and has been repeatedly destroyed.
    This Unit has partecipated with great military prowess in many Battles, including El Alamein, for this in addition to numerous Awards received, it was also dedicated a monument in the African desert in the advanced point maximum, at 111 Km from Alexandria.
    Below a photo of your badge applied, in this case, to a "Moretto" (traditional Bersaglieri hat), it belonged to a 8th Reg. veteran, also this unit was destroyed in Africa.

Regards
    Roberto