Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Unknown badge with swastika and bomber

Article about: Hi all, I'm having trouble identifying a badge that I came across, any ideas? It was bought in Crete, I've got no idea whether it's real or not.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    You are correct Wim. That little bugger does muddy the water when this badge is associated with them! I will go ahead and assume that the badge you show in post #19 IS a fantasy design? Just for the sake of learning. Best regards. Brian
    This time I have no answer. I cannot remember having information
    about it, but it is possible it was mentioned somewhere!

?

Aldo sorry buddy as I didn't intend to ruin anybody's night. But we ve all been there and will go back again. Personally and sadly I don't know where my fakes are but I don't remember throwing them away. After all in an important way, yours did indeed serve a purpose, had I not explored the OP if I'd of happened upon your badge I'd of probably bought it too. I'm sure others would as well. Hopefully someone will learn from this thread and avoid the same in the future? Best regards.

Brian
    Not at all Brian, I appreciate learning the truth about my collection. This was a minor pin debunked from my hoard of relics. It just caught me by surprise because this is not one of those items I ever questioned. I've had much worse fakes revealed that hurt my wallet and my pride. That's what makes this area of collecting so intriguing, just when you think you've learned so much you realize you are just beginning. I just branched off into collecting Spanish civil war & Franco era items and that's even a bigger minefield than TR because there is so little in the form of references & quality pictures to compare to. I've posted numerous items on different forums and barely get any responses. Not sure if that is due to lack of interest or knowledge. I may find out half the stuff I collected in this area is fake, but in the meantime I'm having a fun and learning.

Al

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    This time I have no answer. I cannot remember having information
    about it, but it is possible it was mentioned somewhere!
    We ll leave that one for another day then Wim. I know if information about it existed or there was a photograph of one worn in period you would of remembered, even if as you say this is not your topic of study. How many areas of collecting have you contributed information to when you say that? Your insight into the HJ bayonet discussion was a wealth of knowledge. It s always appreciated to hear your opinion. I ll leave it be for now as you have been more than helpful in clearing up the matter, as always an invaluable asset to our community. My thanks once more for the lesson.

Brian

Al i agree 💯 percent. The continued learning these topics offer is without end. Look at the information that came from this single thread. As always I enjoy poking at Wim's mind it s like a pinata of information, you never know what kind of good stuff is in there! I'm glad some good comes out of my ramblings from time to time. As I quite often get tangled up in my own thoughts. As for the Spanish Civil War and Franco items post them here, I'm certain someone on here can/will help it s out of my area of study, but like others and yourself, I believe a new challenge is always a welcome opportunity to learn. Best regards to all.

Brian

As always I enjoy poking at Wim's mind. Brian
    Now I understand why I often do have pain in my head.

Unknown badge with swastika and bomber

Yes but there are much better things in there than safety cones! 😁

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3