Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

unusual m1 helmet liner-HELP

Article about: i dont know what the red tape is on my 1952 micarta liner. HELP! anything will help

Default unusual m1 helmet liner-HELP

unusual m1 helmet liner-HELPunusual m1 helmet liner-HELPunusual m1 helmet liner-HELPunusual m1 helmet liner-HELPunusual m1 helmet liner-HELP

i dont know what the red tape is on my 1952 micarta liner. HELP!
    anything will help

Default Re: unusual m1 helmet liner-HELP

It looks like something someone just added along the way, fairly recently from the pics it looks. It looks too new, the tape, to have been part of the liner for very long.

?

Airsoft, at a guess.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

ok, and do the white lines on the front stand for captain? is it possible to track the soldier by the cereal number. 23-395-087 is the cereal number if it helps.

oh, yes, the rank on it is captain, helmets weren't issued by serial number, they just handed us the parts(liner, shell, cover) and we put it together. You wouldn't really be able to find out about the officer unless maybe he'd written his name in it, sorry.

i got it for $10 from a guy that had it in his closet for a couple years and sold it to me when he was cleaning. he doesnt know the name or cereal number in the helmet

- - Updated - -

i got it for $10 from a guy that had it in his closet for a couple years and sold it to me when he was cleaning. he doesnt know the name or cereal number in the helmet

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    oh, yes, the rank on it is captain, helmets weren't issued by serial number, they just handed us the parts(liner, shell, cover) and we put it together. You wouldn't really be able to find out about the officer unless maybe he'd written his name in it, sorry.
    sorry, i didnt say the name was Patrick Edward. i looked but couldnt find anything. any suggestions?