Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

An update of my Croatian Collection

Article about: My new purchase Yugoslav Royal Sword, German Contract from Alexander Coppel, converted in 1941 for Croatian Army use. I am still looking for a Croatian original M41, but this at least kills

Default Re: An update of my Croatian Collection

Quote by Scout View Post
    Looks like a German flare gun stuck in his belt BTW.
    Any idea of unit etc?
    Yeah, 27mm flare gun.
    There were 15 German "police rifle battalions" formed in the Independant State of Croatia. Mostly made up of Croatians, Volksdeutsche, people who could speak German, etc...
    There were also 10 (or more) Gendarmerie Battalions of which some were motorized.
    Honestly that is a lot of units to venture a guess. I will look at the Croatian Armed Forces book again and see what unit was formed in his area about the time he joined up.

Here is a picture of a German Police Officer that is also Croatian. By the tone of the picture appears to be Gendarmerie.

Notice that the straight edged SS "Handschar" style coat of arms is worn on the lower sleeve. Though there seems to be no ryhme or reason to the insignia, "Prinz Eugen" was seen to have been wearing the curved edge style coat of arms, and "Handschar" the straight edged. But there are pictures of the opposite for both.

Here are some motorized Gendarmerie in Croatia.. AND AN ERMA!
    Sorry for the quality, an Ebay photo that went FAR too high.

So, to answer your question, I don't know.

?

Well, you certainly answered in the most comprehensive way possible

Great, that you managed to find another ERMA.

It seems that many of these slightly older quality arms were relegated to rear guard duty.

I would certainly not have felt undergunned with the ERMA or for example the MPi18/Bergmann (which is one of my favourites).

Martin....Very nice collection...I would like to share my only (2) Croatian items.....
    DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An update of my Croatian Collection   An update of my Croatian Collection  

The first is a Zvonimir with Oak Leaves second class. The second is a Zvonimir with Swords cased second class. VERY NICE!

Martin , sent you a PM, here is the reverse............DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An update of my Croatian Collection   An update of my Croatian Collection  

OK!

The only reason I asked is because in 1957 when the German government authorized the de-nazified medals for wear by Veterans and active duty, the remade all of the Croatian medals as well. The difference was that the remade medals had an all medal back (no enamel). They are worth just a little less that the originals. These however are WW2 originals.

-Martin

?

Great colection!!
    Very nice items!!

?

Nice collection! the erma looks nice, the spanish coruña submachine gun is a copy of erma MP35.

Cheers

Ed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3