Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Vichy French

Article about: Here is one of my Vichy pick ups, also from the Aude region funny enough.

Default Re: Vichy French

Yes I Knew also 2 or 3 (Le Marrec) and for the Milice, it's now impossible, too many fakes.
    Le Marrec had the complete collection on this periode .
    Livres en Famille | PIerre-Philippe Lambert & Grard Le Marec - Vichy 1940-1944 : Organisations et mouvements

Great pins John. The R.N.P. pins are hard to find I only have one

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Good stuff guys.
    Michel (lebus12) is a good guy.
    Sometime the language from french to English do not sound the same.
    I know being a French American
    chris

?

Thanks guys.

Eric. I agree, the pins etc of the French Fascist groups RNP, PPF are much harder to obtain than the general Vichy items. Incidentally, great RNP brassard

Thanks for the kind word John.

Eric

?

A few more French items. These are brassards and badges of the Croix de Fue (Cross of Fire) organisation, this started off life as a Nationalist ex-serviceman's organisation in the late 1920's but was banned by the pro-communist Popular Front Government in 1936. The PSF, a political party which came from the CdF ,could be described as a precursor of the later Vichy Government . The items shows are quite common in France as the organisation was huge, however, the small gold beret badge is quite hard to get.

Vichy French

?

A few more French Nationalist , anti-communist political badges from the 1920's and 1930's. The button is from a Francistes uniform.

Vichy French

You have a nice collection John.

Eric

?

Thanks Eric. Quite a few years ago I thought I would try to collect French Fascist badges, I was mainly interested in the PPF and the Francistes, and to a lesser extent the RNP as they were formed in the wartime. However, considering how big the PPF with thousands of members was for instance, I really struggled to get off first base. I sort of started collecting 1920's pins in the absence of the proper Fascist (as you will know this is not a term much used to describe the French groups) items being available.

We can tell French Nationalists, because some were against Germany(they fought against them in WW I.
    Very young, one friend knew De La Roque's secretary, so I had also such armbands.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast