Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Vichy French Croix de Guerre 1939?

Article about: Hey everyone! Annoyed from this ads?   I recently came back from my trip to Paris (beautiful place) and I've visited some flea markets where I managed to find some nice pieces for my co

Default Vichy French Croix de Guerre 1939?

Hey everyone!

I recently came back from my trip to Paris (beautiful place) and I've visited some flea markets where I managed to find some nice pieces for my collection. I found a Vichy Croix de Guerre and I thought it looked fine (despite not having enough knowledge on the medal) however, all that's written on the reverse is '1939' and it was only later on that I found out that the Vichy CDR medals should have '1939-1940' or '1941' etc. So I'm confused, were there any 1939 variations given out? or is this just an average CDR with a Vichy ribbon attached to it (because I've seen examples of Vichy medals with a 1939 ribbon).

Any information regarding this would be much appreciated Vichy French Croix de Guerre 1939?Vichy French Croix de Guerre 1939?

Sorry for the late reply, thanks Walkwolf for the links, I greatly appreciate it. It seems like there was no 1939 variation of the Vichy CdG. However, the second link mentions the following: "The wearing of the first type ribbon was no longer permitted and recipients of the first types cross had to change the ribbon to the Vichy version."
    So is it possible that mine is a first type medal (French republic) with the ribbon switched to the black and green Vichy version as mentioned above? Thank you!