Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Axis Helmet?

Article about: This is another item I picked up in the last year that I have had a hard time identifying...It appears to be a dutch helmet? with the remnants of a decal applied...Any help would be apprecia

Default WW2 Axis Helmet?

This is another item I picked up in the last year that I have had a hard time identifying...It appears to be a dutch helmet? with the remnants of a decal applied...Any help would be appreciated on this..Thanks for looking MikeWW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?WW2 Axis Helmet?

?

It is dutch, the decal looks like a repro that was applied

Thanks for the response...It's a shame someone has to mess things up with "enhancements"...mike

I once owned a Dutch helmet with a Luftwaffe eagle on it. It was 100% correct as I picked it up in the early 1960's. They do exist. There is not enough left of the decal on your helmet for me to make a judgement on it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Good to know...I tried to get better detail of what was left of the decal, but my camera wouldn't cooperate.. Thanks again for the response...Mike

If you ever have a chance to see"Collectors Guide German Relics Supplement 2-Headgear" published in 1968 by Stan Bozich, the helmet is pictured on page 48. There is also a reissued Dutch Luftschutz helmet.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The helmet looks fine, but the Heer decal is definitely bad. Poor detail in the chest feathers, wing, and beak give it away.