Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Here is a interesting Finnish army used one I have and the owner has made a makeshift liner out of a German ww2 helmet liner and there are traces of white paint showing under the green paint from winter war use
    Hi Kradman,

Thanks showing a helmet. I have seen and own few Hungarian helmet´s with german M31-liners. My helmets have german liner attached to helmet in proper way. Those helmet´s came directly from finnish army depot sale few years ago. IMO Finnish army changed worn and ruined hungarian liners to german ones, if not finding a hungarian made liner for helmet. Not often encountered helmet-set.

Austrian M17 reissued by hungarian troops. Size 66, has different layers of paint including different ww2 hungarian shades of greenbrown. No rear loop was attached. owner's name
    is visible on the helmet's left side. "Csörics Miklós 1944 II 30 "

Finnish-hungarian M38 helmet directly from the vet's family. It has an awesome camo pattern on it, this one is from my top10 hungarian helmets I think. DR66.

Wow! That is amazing! I've never ever before seen a this amazing Finn camouflage helmet

Yes very nice helmet and interesting camo

One of my favorites among my Hungarian Royal Post helmets. MAVAG62, overpainted in nice, deep greyblue. Stencilled emblem on front, early brass chinstrap buckle. Maker mark is really interesting,unusually well pressed, deep and sharp. Each post office had 1 helmet on stock for a volunteer employee who was expected to stay in the building during air raids. There are various emblem subtypes are known to exist though.

Interesting helmet again must be a dangerous job being a postman when you need to wear a helmet

benter
    ?

Truly a wonderful collection. Thanks for the info. It's great to know there's people that care to collect these "lesser known" helmets.

New additions..
    Another M.KIR.POSTA helmet in nice condition with great emblem. Factory guard SOTEX helmets from the postwar period (Textil factory in Sopron) and a nice GY68 medic helmet.

Default helmet with unique painted decal

This is a very interesting hungarian helmet. Originally was a civil defense A type bluegrey helmet but probably had been used by a fire service unit with their marking painted on the left side. Amazingly there is a name written on the leather indicating that the helmet belonged to a female "Judit Kliment". Maybe she was a volunteer fireman or a nurse?! Mysterious..

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast