Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

Very nice DR helmet!

This is a recent addition, a rare Hungarian Royal Post helmet in very good condition. MÁVAG66, named to a certain János Szine or Szini. Nice civil defense bluegrey paint, MÁVAG style liner and frontal emblem.

This is my 99% Royal Post helmet, another MÁVAG66. Actually the best I've ever seen or owned so far.

Rare configuration, hungarian border jäger helmet with metal horn and unit number attached on the helmet's left side.

Why did they position the liner attaching pins further back on these than on the German helmets? and a very nice addition there indeed.

The hungarian 35M helmet was developed with the help of the german ET factory and followed the design of the new german model. However the new M31 Schubert liner system would have been too expensive due to patent protection so hungarian high command chose the vintage german M27 liner system as a less expensive alternative. Minor modifications did take place for instance hungarian liners were manufactured with a metal band instead of the leather stave. Liner retaing rivets were placed further back so chinstrap D-rings and the liner itself could be fixed at the same time with a single piece of metal pin. Time saving innovation and cost cutting aswell.

Extremely rare to find original ww2 hungarian helmet cover. Basically camo helmet covers remained on experimental level of development and never went into mass production. Sporadic usage happened though mostly fabricated by individuals on unit level probably and maybe a limited number of covers have been issued mostly for propaganda purposes. At least 2-3 different types are known to exist.

?

Fantastic collection of Hungarian helmet's , I was not aware of this thread previously but I am glad I found it today, you are clearly very passionate about this genre of helmet, thank you very much for sharing your extensive collection

So far this is the only ww2 hungarian helmet decal which surely existed. Occasionally seen on experimental civil defense helmets featuring a bomb and the word "BIZTONSÁG" which means SECURITY in English.

I recently purchased this hungarian helmet from Austria, very probably once belonged to retreating axis troops and had been there since 1945. Nice, untouched, small size MÁVAG62, seems to be a mid-late war production. Chinstrap is missing, I think someone cut it off with a sharp knife.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast