Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

This is the best collection ever of Hungarian M35's so much dedication and commitment to just one style of ww2 helmet,they all look so incredible on the eye,nothing else really to add except many congrats to you...............Jake.

Pre 1945 M. KIR. POSTA helmets with horn and royal crown emblem stencilled on the front (hungarian royal post) worn by post service members as protective equipment during air-raids.
    Originally were standard hungarian 35M bluegrey civildefense helmets, mostly A type but there are some existing B style fireservice helmets with the well known alu ridge too as a megarare subvariation of these scarce post service lids.

Thank you Jake!:-)

WW1 helmets reissued circa 1938 by the hungarian army and were used during the second world war aswell. All are M17 berndorfers in my collection though austrian M17s and german M16s do exist too. Some helmets had received 35M style airvents and rear loop some had not. Paint is also varying from ww1 isonzobrown to ww2 hungarian greenbrown. Not every helmet has been repainted nor overpainted so some of these old modells still have it's original isonzobrown finish. There is a bluegrey painted example too reissued by the civil defense and you can see a postwar modified 47M( 49M) helmet too.

How long has it taken to aquire this wonderful collection?what sort of price do Hungarian M35's fetch................Jake.

Amazing collection, you keep showing off these beauties and it makes my hungarian blood want them all, good stuff.

I've been collecting for roughly 15 years now but It's very hard to find original examples, It's not like collecting german items where you can get almost everything at anytime if you are willing to pay the price. For me these are the most beautiful helmets in the world.:-) Hungarian helmet prices are in a wide range, depends on the situation but availability is strongly limited unfortunetly. Obviously not so popular as german helmets and much cheaper in comparison, usually between 300-1000 usd but there are examples that it's almost impossible to find, not mentioning the special ones like wartime and postwar factory guard hungarian helmets with different logos and emblems on them, camos etc..

Hungarian factory guard helmets. Some are ww2 period, some are from the postwar era. Many different types existed in the late 40's, 50's and variations occasionally appeared even in the 60's. Old, forgotten, concealed stocks of interesting factory guard helmets could survive in basements for decades.
    1. Interesting MAVAG64 helmet, originally bluegrey civil defense, brush overpainted in light green. Unknown stencilled insignia on the front. Ww2 army reissue from factory guard stocks?!
    2. Factory guard MAVAG64 47M Tildy helmet with the stencilled/painted logo of former Weiss Manfred. This logo was used after 1956.
    3. Dark grey-brown painted civil defense bluegrey helmet with stencilled TERTA logo, WW2 period. TERTA was a major hungarian factory, producing telephones, radars, communication equipment for the army including german fighters and submarines. Closely cooperated with the german telefunken.

?

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    WW1 helmets reissued circa 1938 by the hungarian army and were used during the second world war aswell. All are M17 berndorfers in my collection though austrian M17s and german M16s do exist too. Some helmets had received 35M style airvents and rear loop some had not. Paint is also varying from ww1 isonzobrown to ww2 hungarian greenbrown. Not every helmet has been repainted nor overpainted so some of these old modells still have it's original isonzobrown finish. There is a bluegrey painted example too reissued by the civil defense and you can see a postwar modified 47M( 49M) helmet too.
    Wonderful collection !!
    Here is another one from my hungarian collection

ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets

Nice one! Where did you find it? Russia?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast