Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian 1920's ? Uniform Id

Article about: Hi guys, I have no idea where to post this Photograph in the forum but as he apparently served in the Wehrmacht in WW2 (coerced or otherwise) I thought I would post it here. The chap in the

Default Yugoslavian 1920's ? Uniform Id

Hi guys, I have no idea where to post this Photograph in the forum but as he apparently served in the Wehrmacht in WW2 (coerced or otherwise) I thought I would post it here. The chap in the photo was my friends Grandfather serving in the Yugoslavian army (We think) in the 1920's , Can any of the sharp eyed amongst you positively identify the uniform , Rank and even the medal he wears (I know, a longshot) the bayonet we think is a M1924 Yugo Mauser any help would be really appreciated .Regards ,Paul

Yugoslavian 1920's ? Uniform Id Yugoslavian 1920's ? Uniform Id

Looks like a Serbian hat, plus I thought that time period that area was called Austria-Serbia still? Not too sure, thought I am positive that the hat is Serbian the thus I suspect the uniform is enlisted (adding that it's lacking fancy piping and whatnot).

?

Dear Paulscoot!

Yes, this is Yugoslav uniform, just after WW1, but don't belong to this part of forum. Kingdom of Yugoslavia never belong to Axis!