Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

Article about: This is a very intense thread,,, thanks for showing! Larry

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Carl, in july, I met this man and I know him since last year, next year I must see the manager of the collections.
    They have so many things every where!
    Did you saw the last film on Anthropoid in Prague ?
    The collection is indeed a large one and I admire the manner in which it is rotated - so many museums simply stand still and let things lie in their storage areas...a shame...would be great to see the Heydrich car again one day...

Yes, we recently caught the new movie and all thought it is a very good effort, despite one or two slight issues I had with it...overall, for me it was really good.

I loved the film Anthropoid, I went to see it twice

This year I went to St Cyrils and the vault, very haunting !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Within Prague Army Museum, the section dedicated to the parachutists is currently limited. Some of the material still on display is shown below.

1) A cartridge from Gabčík's Sten gun

2) Specially prepared bomb found at the assassination site by the Gestapo in a discarded briefcase owned by Jan Kubiš. A British made Mk.I No.73 Anti-Tank grenade front section and fuse was used, with Kubiš affixing ca 800g of British plastic explosive inside using cloth tape

3) Shovels used by members of Operation Anthropoid

4) Tram ticket found in the jacket pocket of Jan Kubiš - amazingly, not discovered until 2002

5-6) Photographs of seven members of the group involved in Anthropoid
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

Great thread this guys , last night i watched this movie dedicated to the event , well worth watching Anthropoid.

Anthropoid Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Jamie Dornan, Cillian Murphy Movie HD - YouTube

Not so far from this church, another : the priest was sent to KL after this operation, in 1945 the Soviet Army released the camp, in 1948 they put him in a camp and he died fool in 1951.

In the area, a small convent and many of the monks were also sent to camps...I discovered this last year.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Carl
    Have you read or do you have a copy of the book by the Military History Institute in Prague ?

Cheers

?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Carl
    Have you read or do you have a copy of the book by the Military History Institute in Prague ?

Cheers
    Not one I am familiar with, no.

There is a fine work addressing the era of the Protektorat by MacDonald and Kaplan, Prague In The Shadow Of The Swastika - an excellent pick up for anybody with an interest in the events and materials of the time or indeed with a view to visiting the related sites.

Carl

In English...
    And this one, not in English, with the Gestapo files
    Martinus.sk > Knihy: Heydrich (Jaroslav
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by CARL View Post
    Not one I am familiar with, no.

There is a fine work addressing the era of the Protektorat by MacDonald and Kaplan, Prague In The Shadow Of The Swastika - an excellent pick up for anybody with an interest in the events and materials of the time or indeed with a view to visiting the related sites.

Carl
    Hi Carl,
    It was produced by the Czech Ministry of Defence in 2001, it was not for sale, my new Czech friend in Ypres, Belgium, has sent me a copy today in pdf format, she works with the Czechoslovak Legionaries Association, It has some great photo's of the assassins at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire in 1940, its only down the road from where I live.

It was compiled by Michal BURIAN, Aleš KNÍŽEK, Jiří RAJLICH, Eduard STEHLÍK

I could email you a copy if you like

Cheers

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I loved the film Anthropoid, I went to see it twice

This year I went to St Cyrils and the vault, very haunting !

Nick
    Great pictures Nick, I have seen the film 3 times now myself, despite its major flaws I enjoyed it, I find it quite moving and thought provoking, the first time I saw it I actually sat for a while at the end contemplating what had just been depicted.
    I will be visiting this year, will be a memorable moment

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast