Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

Article about: This is a very intense thread,,, thanks for showing! Larry

?

[QUOTE=PKMann;746059] Today this is
    on the site of a large idustrial company. Well 1979, it was just not as easy to photograph, and
    the risk of getting investigated by the police was very possibly ... cause at that time of the
    communists were still on power [QUOTE=PKMann;746059]

Hello PKMann - I found your exterior photo of the Weinstube really interesting . . . so I thought I'd give everyone a view of what it looked like inside, back in the Fall of 2015. There is still an old table in that nook - and plenty of old Communist paraphernalia littered all over around the room. Spent a whole day, digging all around throughout that villa - to include the Weinstube in your photo attachment . . . and found it curious your report, for how difficult it was to gain access back in those days.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

I just finished watching the film "Anthropoid" I thought it was very well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Yesterday, being the 75th anniversary, saw more events organised including a reconstruction of the attack and unveiling of new memorial markers. A newly issued stamp has also been produced to mark the 75th anniversary of Operation Anthropoid. Next month, a replica tent village will be erected in the centre - similar to the one used by Czech paratroopers in Britain during 1941.

Radio Prague - Newly-issued stamp marks 75th anniversary of Operation Anthropoid

Two new memorial plaques remember Operation Anthropoid in Prague | Prague Monitor

75. v (Czech language)

Quote by CARL View Post
    Yesterday, being the 75th anniversary, saw more events organised including a reconstruction of the attack and unveiling of new memorial markers. A newly issued stamp has also been produced to mark the 75th anniversary of Operation Anthropoid. Next month, a replica tent village will be erected in the centre - similar to the one used by Czech paratroopers in Britain during 1941.

Radio Prague - Newly-issued stamp marks 75th anniversary of Operation Anthropoid

Two new memorial plaques remember Operation Anthropoid in Prague | Prague Monitor

75. v (Czech language)
    Looking forward to visiting later this year !

Today, next stop Prague
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Today, next stop Prague
    Cool
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Enjoy it! Weather has just changed (finally) but the grey skies will likely make for better photographs.

Quote by CARL View Post
    Enjoy it! Weather has just changed (finally) but the grey skies will likely make for better photographs.
    Yes thanks, will be before end of september, next few weeks, just waiting for the prices to go down, flights from UK will half in price when kids go back to school

Yesterday...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

..and the memorial fountain in Leamington Spa, where the brave guys were trained, has just been awarded "Listed" status so that memorial should now be safe....

Czech memorial fountain in Leamington gets listed status - Leamington Courier

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast