Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.

Article about: Hi Guys, as some of you know, I do work with the regular British Army providing displays and presentations of WW2 material, both British and Soviet. Last month I was asked to do a small pres

Another training glider.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Various diorama displays around the museum showing wartime life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.   Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.  

Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.   Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Early Army aviation in WW1 as the Royal Flying Corps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.   Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.  

Army Air Corps Museum, Middle Wallop, UK.  

A couple of final shots of the museums first hall.

I did not have time to photograph everything, but these pics will give you some idea of what is on offer to see.

After my presentation, we had a very nice meal ( Curry! ) in the dining room set aside for special occasions, even the carpet was specially made with AAC badges woven into the design.

Army FlyingThe Museum Of Army Flying | Museum dedicated to Army Aviation

Cheers, Ade.

Looks like you had a blast ( good time ) Ade . The dioramas are very detailed and I could not help noticing there was a bit of a brick wall inside one of the gliders..can you explain the significance for that wall inside of the glider? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, it is just the back of the display behind the open cockpit of the Horsa glider LOL.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade , looks like it was a great day , thanks for posting the pictures .

Thank you for sharing your pictures Ade! The diorama displays are really neat.

Great stuff Ade and good to see you had a fantastic time,I'm eager to learn more about the GPR Crash Helmets,where's the best place to find info on them?thanks for the pics..........

thanks very much Ade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast