Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

The Army Museum in Prague

Article about: Great displays.

Oh no, what a shame!

Why have they closed it?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Because they need to renove this floor. At least 3 years said the keeper, you have only WWI and the Protectorat in the basement.

But I have many pictures of the Museum, in 1991, it was possible to touch everything!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Even with the main WWII section closed, the museum is still well worth a visit. The basement display "On the Streets of the Protectorate" is superbly presented.

On The Streets Of The Protectorate - A New Exhibition In Prague

Karl Frank exhibit, his glass eye...and other items of note...

?

oh, I was there! It's a bit far from the city but definitely worth visiting! There are so many exhibits in there. You can also learn some facts from Czech resistance movement which is not very popular subject.
    I was there more than 2 hours.
    Fortunately, everything is explained in English ( unlike e.g in Spain ;/). And it's free of charge, awesome!

- - ------- - -

oh, I was there! It's a bit far from the city but definitely worth visiting! There are so many exhibits in there. You can also learn some facts from Czech resistance movement which is not very popular subject.
    I was there more than 2 hours.
    Fortunately, everything is explained in English ( unlike e.g in Spain ;/). And it's free of charge, awesome!

Memo to self - visit Prague in 3 years time (Check museum is open first).
    Tell the missus we're visiting a park outside the city with amazing flower displays etc... She'll love that.
    Then accidentally arrive at the museum - i'm sure she'll like it when we get there.
    Nick

Quote by ChewiOne View Post
    Memo to self - visit Prague in 3 years time (Check museum is open first).
    Tell the missus we're visiting a park outside the city with amazing flower displays etc... She'll love that.
    Then accidentally arrive at the museum - i'm sure she'll like it when we get there.
    Nick
    Forgiveness is a lot easier to get than permission.

Do not know if you already did this, but could you post their website or address as I am heading to Prague in 2 weeks. Danny

VHU PRAHA

Closed, but you can go to the Airforce Museum.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Is this open again now ?

The Army Museum is closed, perhaps in 2020...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4