Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Australian War Museum Canberra shots

Article about: G'day All Here's a bunch of shots taken a couple of years back Tough museum to take shot of!!! and I can't blame my Nephew for the crappy shots

?

Default Re: Australian War Museum Canberra shots

Great photographic tour, thanks for sharing.

The airplane displays remind me of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. It is dimly lit and difficult to photograph properly.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks very much for the photo tour. Its been years since my last visit. Its a moving place for Australians. John (Jack) Edmondson was my grandfathers cousin. His VC is on display there. You can imagine the esteem he is held in my family. Regards, Paul

Quote by AMTG View Post
    The 109 is the only one left in its original war time colours...it has a fascinating history that is laid out well, it had a wing replacement and one of the prop blades is marked to another aircraft
    The 262 was stripped back of post war paint to reveal what you see today, it has the RAF markings as well it carried after it was captured and evaluated.
    The desert cam uniform is from Iraq, it is from 2006, it's from the mob that we took over from on the second rotation of the Al Muthana task group. It was taken from a soldier on the last day of the tour after his last patrol, he basically was told to take it off and hand it to the Army history unit with everything he had on him and his pockets, uncleaned, just as he was wearing it....the night before he was tipped off that it was going o happen, so his mates in his section swapped bits of kit so they would all have a piece in the war memorial...this goes back o what happened on the last day of WW1, where a digger was told to remove his uniform as he came in from the trenches....it's still in the memorial, mud and all
    Cheers Tony
    Here's a shot I took years back of that WW1 uniform

Super super images Rene.
    It's a amazing place the AWM that's for sure. World class.
    Cheers for bringing the thread back up mate.
    Dave

last bump

My daughters school has a week long excursion to the AWM mid way through 2017 which I'm hoping to go along to, she's already told us that she really wants to go. She takes a lot of pride in knowing that her family has been involved in the Australian defence force since the boer war and I'm proud of her for taking an interest, she's a good kid. If and when it goes ahead I'll post up some pics, cheers Rene.

Love it, Rene! Very nice.

Excellent work as usual Rene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2