Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

The Austrian Army Museum

Article about: Having spent an extended Easter Weekend at Vienna, I just had to visit the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) [lit. "Museum of Army History", although "Museum of Military Hist

The 1914-1918 exhibit in the Arsenal is very well done and very compelling, indeed. The catalog on Vienna in the First World War is also superb for the Vienna municipal musem and so forth. Thanks, Andreas, well done, indeed.

Cool

This coming week I'll be travelling to Vienna for a long weekend. my first visit there. My wife has been figuring out all the art galleries & cultural places to visit......but I just came to the Forum and typed 'Vienna' into the search function.

Excellent !

Flak towers, the Arsenal and some civilized discussion of wonderful-looking cafes and food......thank you, Gentlemen !

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    This coming week I'll be travelling to Vienna for a long weekend. my first visit there.
    I'm sure you will love it. Enjoy your stay!

PS: If you want to visit a Christmas market, I'd recommend the one at the Schloss Schönbrunn.

Great thread
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Cool

Back from a very cold and 'Christmassy' long weekend in Vienna - many thanks for the recommendations in this thread ! My wife is fascinated by classic art - so much so, that we had no time to visit the Austrian Army Museum - but never mind, we have a whole list of things to do 'next time'.

So here's a little souvenir.....

The Austrian Army Museum

.....Breakfast at Café Central....

The Austrian Army Museum

....Kaiserschmarren at Café Diglas....

So, before I am obliterated by the moderators for 'no military content' , I did try to find some WW2 things. Like here, at the Flohmarkt on Saturday morning...

The Austrian Army Museum

...luckily, and thanks to knowledge gained from this Forum, a glance at the rear showed that these were both post-War Spanish......

Well, Vienna is in fairly good shape these days. But on the last day, waiting for a tram outside the Belvedere Palace, I spotted some tell-tale marks on an outbuilding.....

The Austrian Army Museum

Certainly, one of the truly great European Capital Cities to visit !

...there's always a next time....... :-)

?

Wien is beautiful...once just isn't enough...along with Prague, in my opinion, probably the best central Europe has to offer.

Thought id bump this thread as id like to say i had a number of interesting hours going thru the museum and id like to add that if your in the area its a must to vist!!
    p.s. and the grub is just super.

- - ------- - -

?

Cool

I've been to both Prague u. Vienna several times, but that was many years ago - guess it's about time for another trip to Europa!
    And if I wait till later in the year there is always Oktoberfest!
    Sarge

We visited the museum in April this year, and I agree, certainly well worth taking the time to pay a visit....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Austrian Army Museum   The Austrian Army Museum  

The Austrian Army Museum   The Austrian Army Museum  

The Austrian Army Museum  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5