Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

aviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk

Article about: heres some pics from a local museum in wales that i wanted to share its mainly post war british aircraft jets etc but there were remains of a german bomber that crashed near pwllheli during

i wonder if anybody can help on identity of this one ,i will pass on any information to the museum ,thanks jamesaviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk

That museum looks like a must visit!

Thanks for the pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks a great place to visit. It is easy to forget the age of some of these jets now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by James C View Post
    i wonder if anybody can help on identity of this one ,i will pass on any information to the museum ,thanks jamesaviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk
    Hmmm at first i was thinking aircraft engine because it's displayed in an aviation museum, could very well be a marine motor!...

?

Excellent photos James who is the rather young looking wireless operator???..lol. & the old looking pilot ??. lol.. I think the place looks top dollar...Paul my wife does the same so you ain't alone..Cheers Terry.

thanks for stopping by to have a look ade ,nick,terry and harry and many thanks for your thoughts on the crankshaft paul ,if the curators arent sure then your idea could be a valid one ,the lack of remaining parts and heavy corrosion would make positively indentifying it a lot harder ,who knows what they have dragged up from the irish sea , i agree ade it is easy to forget how old they are ,to think how quickly the technology moved on post ww2 ,these aircraft truly are pleasing to the eye ,and cheers terry ,yes my daughter ,a lot more enthusiastic to posing with the displays ,and yes that old bugger is me ,at 6ft 5 i managed to shoehorn myself in ,getting out wasnt so easy but did contemplate this function ,thanks jamesaviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk

thanks for stopping by to have a look ade ,nick,terry and harry and many thanks for your thoughts on the crankshaft paul ,if the curators arent sure then your idea could be a valid one ,the lack of remaining parts and heavy corrosion would make positively indentifying it a lot harder ,who knows what they have dragged up from the irish sea , i agree ade it is easy to forget how old they are ,to think how quickly the technology moved on post ww2 ,these aircraft truly are pleasing to the eye ,and cheers terry ,yes my daughter ,a lot more enthusiastic to posing with the displays ,and yes that old bugger is me ,at 6ft 5 i managed to shoehorn myself in ,getting out wasnt so easy but did contemplate this function ,thanks jamesaviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk
    6 foot 5!...do you need oxygen up there?....

Neat museum !

I, too like the Vampire as well. It's one of the few postwar jets that I like.

Great photos, thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
    Taka

remains of a german bomber that crashed near pwllheli wales england
    Hmmmm, Wales England?

There was a letter that arrived in a house where I had a flat and that was addressed to Cardiff, Wales, England. Bah humbug!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hmmmm, Wales England?

There was a letter that arrived in a house where I had a flat and that was addressed to Cardiff, Wales, England. Bah humbug!
    whoops ,just noticed my typo ,my bad jerry ,have ammended it now ,perhaps i had one to many sherberts ,allthough im proud to be welsh im not a staunch nationalist ,my only excuse is the german bomber was on its way to birmingham via wales ,also i realise this forum has members based from all over the globe and just wanted to point them in the right direction am i forgiven ,my wife will kill me for this but i feel it sums up her interest in the placeaviation museum llyn peninsular north wales uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast