Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bomber Command Memorial - Hyde Park Corner, London.

Article about: Another of the 'new' Memorials was crossed off my 'things to see' in London list this week with a a visit to the Bomber Command Memorial in Hyde Park Corner. Another superb sculpture of the

Default Re: Bomber Command Memorial - Hyde Park Corner, London.

Whatever they do or however many times they do it our pride and memory for these boys will never waiver!!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Whatever they do or however many times they do it our pride and memory for these boys will never waiver!!!

Nick
    HUZZAH....!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I think when night time comes..they should rig the whole thing up to the mains!! . So anybody who nears it gets zapped!!!....& also have a sniper team watching it 24 hours a day..anybody nearing it more than a camera or sandwiche should be shot in the knees first & if they continue to crawl towards it a head shot...Just my thought on it.. Cheers Terry.

It's my view on any form of vandalism, the best thing we can do is not publicise it. They want to get a message out and by the news reporting it they are achieving it. If you ignore them, yes, things may get worse for a while, but then their efforts will not be welcomed with a mass of media exposure and their "message" being publicised across the UK and world. They should be punished but done without the coverage. Just my two cents and i know some will disagree but this is my opinion

Quote by Tango View Post
    I think when night time comes..they should rig the whole thing up to the mains!! . So anybody who nears it gets zapped!!!....& also have a sniper team watching it 24 hours a day..anybody nearing it more than a camera or sandwiche should be shot in the knees first & if they continue to crawl towards it a head shot...Just my thought on it.. Cheers Terry.
    Like your thinking Only trouble with the knee shot first - if they don't crawl and so can't justify the coup de grace shot, they will then have to treated in hospital with all the costs involved. Your rules of engagement may be too generous I think

Hi
    Im hoping to go to my home town in london this summer so will go to see the memorial for myself, iv not been home for five years so need to go and visit some places. but looking forward to this one.
    Dave.

?

Quote by harry211 View Post
    Like your thinking Only trouble with the knee shot first - if they don't crawl and so can't justify the coup de grace shot, they will then have to treated in hospital with all the costs involved. Your rules of engagement may be too generous I think
    Harry maybe a sniper team who can't read!!! so the rules of engagement are not fully understood?? then it would be head shots all round !!!.lol. problem solved!!Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Harry maybe a sniper team who can't read!!! so the rules of engagement are not fully understood?? then it would be head shots all round !!!.lol. problem solved!!Cheers Terry.
    Or castrate them. A life long reminder of what they have done and not too many costs involved.

I propose setting up a set of stocks close to the memorial, but not too close.....Let the guilty be shackled and left to the tender mercies of the general public and whatever they so desire....

Shame it'll never happen though.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Or castrate them. A life long reminder of what they have done and not too many costs involved.
    How does that work if it's a bunch of protestors like 'Pussy Riot' or worse, Mumsnet.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast