Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camp Ritchie, Maryland "The Ritchie Boys"

Article about: by AZPhil Thanks for sharing those pic's. I have never heard about this place.Next time I visit my Sis in Law, I will have to look for this spot. So what happen to the PAK? Semper Fi Phil Ho

Default Re: Camp Ritchie, Maryland "The Ritchie Boys"

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks for sharing those pic's. I have never heard about this place.Next time I visit my Sis in Law, I will have to look for this spot. So what happen to the PAK?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hopefully, it's not at the bottom of the lake. I suspect it went to another museum when the Army sold the fort to the company back in 2004 or so. It looked like it hadn't been there in a while. I'd like to go digging around this complex. They used a lot of captured German equipment to aid in their training. I wonder how much is in the ground. I have a friend who does digging at Civil War sites and camps locations. I might have to see if he can work his smooth talking magic on the company and get some times to work the site.

Let me know the next time you are over this way. I'd be happy to take you to it if you'd like.

?

Thank you very much for the offer. She is coming out here Sunday for a visit. We will see if she can talk us into an east coast trip!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

You're welcome! It's starting to warm up here so come on over. But this morning it was a mild 34 degrees, lol.

Interesting! I'd never heard of Camp Ritchie before! It's a shame to see the History being slowly removed...bit by bit. I love the before and after photos-nice stuff!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice pics Todd, I like the before and after stuff too. It looks like a lonely place now, a shame that it was sold off but such is the world. I might have to find that movie.

I got it on Netflix. It's about 90 minutes long. Sadly it didn't have much in the way of video of camp Ritchie when two of the boys came back to visit in 2004.

I would have love to see the camp when I was in college in college park Maryland.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I would have love to see the camp when I was in college in college park Maryland.
    chris
    Much more scenic than college park, I can assure you of that! Now, the female sights might not be as good as college park. Have to lower you standards a little bit

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Much more scenic than college park, I can assure you of that! Now, the female sights might not be as good as college park. Have to lower you standards a little bit
    I will go look inside a old base anytime.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I will go look inside a old base anytime.
    chris
    There are some old buildings at an old training site near Port Deposit MD. Up in Cecil county. Don't know if they are still there. Was talk several years ago of demolition but don't know what came of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast