Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Crete War Museum

Article about: Hi all!!! I would like to show you all a magnificent war Museum from the Battle of Crete! It is located at an isolted village in mt. Psiloritis. The village's name is Askifou in Chania regio

Default Re: Crete War Museum

Super photos

Wow if he ever decides to have an estate sale I think its safe to say this entire forum will be there lol

I really need to go back to Crete. I went in the 1990's and stayed at Ag Nik. Never got to the museum. Just found out my 3rd cousin was taken POW on the island in '41.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've read this thread but i don't know your friend! I know Xamoudochori but i haven't see the apartments! Plus, go easy on Raki!!!

Adrian Ag. Nikolaos is very far away from the location of that Museum! Plus if you visited just that place you missed all the good stuff! Chania is the region you need to visit in order to find a lot WW2 related monuments and sites!

Hi Mike, I really enjoyed my stay on the island. I did find several WW2 era ex British/Canadian vehicles though. Certainly somewhere I want to return to someday.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The greatest treasure in Creta are the Cretans themselves.
    Philoxenia,everyday and everywhere,especially with us,frenchies.
    Never forget the weeks i had there in 1978.

Nice pics! Love Crete, we have been there for the last 3 summer vacations. This year we will go to Kos though.

Thanks for your kind words about Crete! Where have you been in Crete? Have you visited any battlefield on the island?

Hmm not sure if you replied to me or the poster above? But i will answer anyway I have been pretty much all over the North side of Crete and a little bit on the west. Stayed in Chania first year second in Rethimno and last in Platanias, I liked Rethimno best, not so crowded as the other places. Havent really visited much battlefields but we made a quick stop at Maleme this year and since im interested in ancient history aswell we went to Knossos and a couple small museums. And ofcourse we visited Fortezza when we stayed in Rethimno!!
    I want to see more Crete`s history but since im always go there with my "soon to be wife" i have to make compromises since she is more interested in studying the sun
    This year we will go to the island of Kos for honeymoon but hope we will go to Crete next year.

I aplogize if my writings would belong better in a travel forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast