Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

Article about: This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Scandinavian contribution! Our friend Paul had some input into this book too Nick

?

Default Re: Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

Very educational.

?

Quote by hassiman View Post
    After the war peole in the occupied zones couldn't destroy german stuff fast enough... and after what the Germans did to them I can't say I blame them. There are probably still thousands of gestapo and Kripo identity disks in sewers and buried all over Europe.
    thankfully they didnt destroy my Danish flag great thread Christina if i ever get over there i will give that place a visit cheers Dave

You should, Dave
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The absolutely last photos, guys!

Notice the neat board game, "catch the HiPO"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.   Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.  

Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.   Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.  

Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.   Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.  

[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Fantastic stuff Chris! I would love to visit this museum, unfortunately it is a bout 20 000kms from here so it won't be this week. I love the Himmler signed document, looks familiar. Thanks for showing us Chris.

?

Much interest in our hobby is on the Foreign volunteers of the Waffen SS and those Danes who won the Ritterkreuz but it's great to see a monument to another Danish war Hero Anders Lassen VC ,MC and 2 Bars , Special Air Service, if you don't know about him check him out an SAS Legend !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you, I will see if I can find something, Paul
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

some information that might be interesting:
    Some 6000 Danes volunteered for service with the SS on the Eastern Front in WWII, and their first commander was C.F von Schalburg (shown with his young son) he was killed by a mine in 1942 he was actually posthumusly raised to the rank of SS Obersturmbannführer (lieutenant colonel) by himmlerDanish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

some extra photos:
    Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

Thank you for great info. Schalburg was a handsome man, very clever and, for obvious reasons, hated by the Danes.
    I recently bought a book by British author Jonathan Trigg, published in 2010:
    Hitler´s Vikings: The History of The Scandinavian Waffen-SS - The Legions, The SS Wiking and the SS Nordland. I am looking forward to reading that one. Maybe someone here has already read it, or maybe it will do as a suggestion to members looking for a good book on the Scandinavians who fought with the W-SS.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast