Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Desecration of WW II Commonwealth War Graves in Benghazi

Article about: That is what happens when primitive religious fanatics run loose which seems to happen a lot in that part of the world with that particular religion. OK I'll shut up.

Default Re: Desecration of WW II Commonwealth War Graves in Benghazi

I have an uncle buried there so I will not comment further as I am absolutely certain that I will be banned if I do.

I totally understand your feelings. But thank you for rising above your emotions. I know we all feel the same here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The dead and their graves are considered sacrosanct under Islam regardless of religion so I think we can rest assured that these cowards will be punished accordingly. Perhaps not by the Libyan authorities but certainly by their peers, families and religious leaders.

shame to them...

If that doesn't make your blood boil, nothing will. Has that been shown on any major world news networks? I am saddened for the living veterans and relatives that must watch the desecration committed to their brothers places of rest and cannot be there to defend and prevent that desecration.

It is just a disgrace that they act this way, i really hope they get caught and punished for what they have done, My family have soldiers buried out there. Just Awful.
    Dave.

?

There are no words in the English language to describe the events and individuals (I refrain from using the word people), in the video shown above.

?

Truly shocking , i feel sory for families who's loved ones graves has been destroyed I'n this mindless act of violence ...

Kind regards
    Alex

?

it just shows you what ignorance and being uneducated in history can do!

I think Ade's statement is profound. The culprits responsible for this travesty cannot comprehend what would have happened to their fellow countrymen if it hadn't been for the brave men that died and are buried there. I'm afraid Josh is also right. Twenty years from now, governments will be forced to repatriate some of their brave soldiers bodies so they can be properly protected and shown the respect they fully deserve. Sad state of affairs.

Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast