Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern Front pics: then and now

Article about: A very clever bit of photoshop work: WW2 pics blended into the present day settings: sergey_larenkov Cheers, Ade.

Default Eastern Front pics: then and now

A very clever bit of photoshop work: WW2 pics blended into the present day settings:

sergey_larenkov

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Eastern Front pics: then and now

Good stuff - some of them are a little spooky - ghosts of the past I suppose.

I agree with Ritchie they are very ghost like. What he has done is excellent thanks for posting.

?

Excellent piece of photo blending, very eerie scenes, i wonder what you could do with the numerous photographs of then and now from most areas of battle?

Brilliant I love this style of Then & Now !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Totally!!! I love that weird feeling you get when you look at them!! pretty cool piece of work!!

These pics now and then are very well done.

wow, well done to this guy : )

These are pretty amazing... the idea is very clever, and they work so flawlessly. Matching the photos up seems to add a greater sense of reality to events which in some ways are hard to really comprehend ever happening. Of course, we all know they did, but it's difficult to truly grasp. I hope that makes sense, anyway.
    As controversial as it might be, I think having these photos displayed in their respective locations would be a powerful way to remind people (perhaps even more so than a monument) of events. I personally would find it incredibly interesting to be able to visit locations with such photos.

Mat

?

Nice work my mate from Aus is putting together somehting similar for Berlin and will hopefully post them here
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings