Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eden Camp - POW museum

Article about: Spent a great day at the amazing Eden Camp museum in Yorkshire. A former POW camp for German soldiers it is now a museum dedicated to WW2 with each former POW hut now a chapter of the war. H

.,.,--
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eden Camp - POW museum   Eden Camp - POW museum  

Eden Camp - POW museum   Eden Camp - POW museum  

Eden Camp - POW museum  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

ahhh the engine room smell bottle.. think the blitz one was a little confusing if i remember righty

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Last went there some years ago. It's good to see that it has expanded and is looking very healthy.

I think a return visit is way overdue.

Is the canteen still as good as it was? (NAAFI style, if memory serves right!)

Thanks for posting Nick.

Regards etc
    Ian D
    The NAAFI canteen is amazing! Had a very filling dumpling stew there today !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

That looks like a fine museum , is that supposed to be Hitler in the cell or Charlie Chaplin? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eden Camp - POW museum  

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That looks like a fine museum , is that supposed to be Hitler in the cell or Charlie Chaplin? Leon.
    He doesn't look like either ! Lol

Nick

Nick not only have you managed to escape costa del Blackpool but have changed your Avator pic as well you have been a busy boy,glad you had a great time,looks an amazing place to visit............thanks for sharing,

great stuff! I wish I had called in on my way back from Skegness earlier this year. I planed to, but left Skegness to late in the day.
    Everyone said you need a good day to have time to go round it.
    thanks for showing
    Rod

Looks like a great place for a visit! Terrific photos Nick, thanks for putting them up mate.

Looks an interesting place to visit, did the "german regalia" section look legit or repros?....

Quote by plumbob View Post
    great stuff! I wish I had called in on my way back from Skegness earlier this year. I planed to, but left Skegness to late in the day.
    Everyone said you need a good day to have time to go round it.
    thanks for showing
    Rod
    A full day is essential Rod!

Nick

- - Updated - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks an interesting place to visit, did the "german regalia" section look legit or repros?....
    A mix of both mate!

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast