Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Eden Camp - POW museum

Article about: Spent a great day at the amazing Eden Camp museum in Yorkshire. A former POW camp for German soldiers it is now a museum dedicated to WW2 with each former POW hut now a chapter of the war. H

Cheers Nick!....

Excellent looking place-it would be quite easy to lose one's self there for a day looking over the displays! Is this a self tour museum or do you have guides? And, that isn't a Genuine VC in the display case in the last photo of post #2? I don't imagine the Swords and oaks Ritter is either?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers for the tour Nick, I love threads like this.

?

Great thread.

Thanks guys!

@William, its a self tour. Not sure about the validity of the VC in the said display but in another section there was an original

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great place, I went there a few times when I lived in York, the different hut for different subjects made it much easier for the kids to process and it's in place that was used in wartime.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Great place, I went there a few times when I lived in York, the different hut for different subjects made it much easier for the kids to process and it's in place that was used in wartime.
    Indeed! There are hundreds of school trips through the museum every year educating the new generation on the subject! The museum has won many awards needless to say

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here is a link to the site, there is much more to the museum than I have posted!

Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum

Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3