Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German/Italian railroad Pillboxes

Article about: Hello today i visited some German/Italian pillboxes and i took some pictures of them for you to see but unfortunately i didn't had my camera with me so i used my crappy phone :P I visited ab

Default German/Italian railroad Pillboxes

Hello today i visited some German/Italian pillboxes and i took some pictures of them for you to see but unfortunately i didn't had my camera with me so i used my crappy phone :P
    I visited about 6-7 railroad stations w/pillboxes but i didn't take a picture of them all

First is Stirfaka's bridge station with 3 pillboxes as you can see in the pictures below.One of them had an armor vehicle's top as a cover German/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad Pillboxes
    Last edited by GreekMilitaria; 01-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Second is Beliosiote's station
    Big building was used as barrackGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad Pillboxes German/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad PillboxesGerman/Italian railroad Pillboxes

Last Kyfera's bridge pillbox (you can see another one pointed by the arrow)German/Italian railroad Pillboxes

Nice pictures. I love things like that. About 30 Years ago I photographed practically all of the pillboxes in a 35 mile radius to me but didn't catalogue them so now a lot of them are unknown to me! Over here in the UK, we don't have much in the way of WWII defence structures more substantial than pillboxes, but many variations on the basic design.

Martin

Great photos of interesting pillboxes, thanks for sharing!....

?

Fun to see. Looks like they may have been cleared during the war.

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Nice pictures. I love things like that. About 30 Years ago I photographed practically all of the pillboxes in a 35 mile radius to me but didn't catalogue them so now a lot of them are unknown to me! Over here in the UK, we don't have much in the way of WWII defence structures more substantial than pillboxes, but many variations on the basic design.

Martin
    I like visiting such places!
    if you still have the photos feel free to scan them and post them here :P

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great photos of interesting pillboxes, thanks for sharing!....
    Thanks Paul

Great images !!

The landscape reminds me of The Guns of Navarone !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

on top of the barracks were 2 mounted mg42's with guards

rooftop is not accessible anymore

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Great images !!

The landscape reminds me of The Guns of Navarone !

Nick
    Thank you Nick
    i think it was filmed in Rhodes here in Greece
    all landscapes are quite the same here that's why it reminds you of it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast