Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Germans came ashore in Western Australia

Article about: Will they didnt invade but they did come ashore in one hell of a remote location called "Quobba" Its in Western Australia. ( Northwest) They came ashore because of the huge ship to

Default Re: Germans came ashore in Western Australia

Tax man in the grey suit ( Shark got him)

90% of the fish we hooked either ended up in half or we got bitten off. One place you definatly dont want to end up in the water. So many sharks

Thanks for the great pics and very interesting thread.
    Barren and bleak there for sure.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Great images and wow your photography skills are amazing also can you tell me more about the korean star line ship wreck ??

Thanks guys, yeah i have put so much time and effort into my photography
    All my best images here... Western Horizons Media | Photography and Videography to Suit All Your Needs

My biggest goal is to photograph auswitz as best as i can when i fly there in a few years. I want permission to walk around without crowds. I may have to write a very special letter to get some very important images.

All black and whites similer to these shots i did of an old asylum... Abandoned Swanborne Mental Asylum | marcrussoamazingadventures

More info on the Korean star for you relichunter

Major Oil Spills - Korean Star

John Harding

Map of MV Korean Star Wreck in Western Australia - Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia

As you can see from the image it in the water but after years of pounding from the coast its now smashed up the rocks 100meters from where it was stuck to start with

The story of the Kormoran survivors is quite well known but one of the more interesting stories is that word got to Carnarvon that a naval battle involving the Sydney was waging offshore and the Sydney had been damaged. Loads of people from Carnarvon headed to Quobba with all sorts of tents and medical supplies thinking that they were going to be helping they're fellow Australians and were surprised to find that it was members of the Kriegsmarine from the Kormoran that arrived ashore in life rafts.

I was a tour guide for eight years taking overseas tourists to some of the remote areas of our state and as a part of my job was here every second week, the area is amazingly beautiful, has remained untouched for litterally thousands of years and yet the first known European contact with this continent was here.

Amazing photos. I never knew you had Kriegsmarine land on Austrailan soil. Even if it was after a battle.
    Thanks for sharing.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Always good to have some shots of close to home tailor marc - cheers

It's dodgy country. I've never understood just what possesses people to fish off there or to jump in a 14ft tinny .

Numbers of Portuguese and Dutch sailing ships collided with the coast in that region over a couple of hundred years or so with no local rescue parties around to help-with the prevailing Westerly wind you could see the coast coming up in the day but at night or bad weather...

Nobody knows just how many VOC ships are wrecked along the W.A. Coast, plenty went missing between Holland and Batavia (Jakarta) and we know of some but there are a lot more that are quite possibly laying along the thousands of kilometres of reef off the West Australian coast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast