Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gestapo Elde Haus

Article about: Hey guys, I've been meaning to post these for ages now but have always become preoccupied with other posts. Last year i went to Cologne (Köln), Germany. I was able to visit Elde Haus the hea

Default Gestapo Elde Haus

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to post these for ages now but have always become preoccupied with other posts. Last year i went to Cologne (Köln), Germany. I was able to visit Elde Haus the head quarters of the Gestapo in the area, these pictures include the cells (the time rooms) in which unto 30-40 people were held at one time and other areas of the building. A very creepy feeling walking through not just because of the fact that several people were killed there but also the fact that it managed to survive the 1000 raid bombings, which doesn't seem fair to think that such a gory building would survive when so many other amazing buildings were destroyed. Defiantly an amazing place to visit, so much to see and not enough time. Plan on going back next year some time to finish it off. Also went to Munich and Nuremberg and was able to visit Dachau and the Party Rally grounds however i have seen pictures of them on here so i thought i would put these up!

More to come, takes so long to upload!

Caleb.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo Elde Haus   Gestapo Elde Haus  

Gestapo Elde Haus   Gestapo Elde Haus  

Hi Caleb, I had not heard of this place. Thanks for showing the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Neither had I, I was very close to not going but it was defiantly worth the trip! I'll post some other pictures later

Caleb

Thanks Caleb! Even in pictures the place has a malevolence

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks Caleb. A dark history within those walls.

A couple more, Above the picture of what looks like a whole lot of bus tops with portraits on them is the paper work of some prisoners
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo Elde Haus   Gestapo Elde Haus  

many thanks,I wonder if the boy Harry survived ?.

I pity the poor souls who suffered there!....

?

Was this place used to inprisoner the former guards and other warcriminals after the spring of 45?

It would be nice to think he did survive however from what i can tell he was imprisone in 1940, whether such a young person could suffer that long is anybodys guess, i agree gunny it would have been terrible and im not sure about the post war history of the place, i do know that during the bombings it was used to store official war and state paper work and files.

thanks,
    caleb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast