Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gestapo HQ in Krakow

Article about: Hi folks just returned from a week in this amazing city and noticed on my little map a place called Dom Slaski (Silesian House) also known as 2 pomorska st, turns out this is was the house u

Default Gestapo HQ in Krakow

Hi folks just returned from a week in this amazing city and noticed on my little map a place called Dom Slaski (Silesian House) also known as 2 pomorska st, turns out this is was the house used by the Gestapo, not a huge place but a well put together and lots of information and stories well worth a visit if you go to Krakow, a few pictures for you to see, the cells were very daunting.
    Steve
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    Gestapo HQ in Krakow

That looks like a fascinating and terrifying place, well laid out as a museum but frightening knowing what took place there. Thanks for the pics mate.

Interesting ! I was 3 times in this town, i never saw this. Is it recent ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

A place of terror and dread ! I would like to visit one day and pay my respects to the victims

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for sharing the photos Steve.

I noticed on the prisoner coat display there is the Polish flag sewn on right side of the long coat and also a smaller flag design on the collar of the inner jacket. I am assuming these must have been added by the inmate after liberation of whichever KL he was incarcerated in.

Gestapo HQ in Krakow
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

There are some further pics on this thread;

Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks Steve. This museum has featured before but it is good to see a specific thread addressing the site.

Regards,

Carl

Update:

Thanks too to Nick for the link above.

Thanks guys, yes if you go make a visit, i would say 10/15 stroll from the centre.

Hi I went there last year ,I found the place very moving and well worth a visit .....steve