Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

Article about: Thought I'd upload a few photos from a trip to Krakow, a few years back. Beautiful City should anyone wish to visit. The most common site is obviously Auschwitz, but some other significant p

?

Default Re: Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

i have just come back from Poland this weekend, I can put up some pics too if you like?

went to Oskar Schindlers Factory, Auschwitz 1 & 2 , and also here

Kraków-P

there is also a monument in Krakow which are large chairs which is quite nice,

I cannot recommend Poland enough, i loved every minute of it!

interesting thread.great photos.if anybody has more post please

?

Very informative.
    Good post.

Gouldy.

Yes, some more pictures would be great. I remember the 'Chairs' you mentioned - they were in the square outside the Eagle Pharmacy. As I recall they were placed to represent the liquidation of the ghetto, when the Jewish residents were forced with their belongings there, and from where they were taken to the concentration camps.

It was also amazing that the Eagle Pharmacy was the only business allowed by the Nazis to operate in the ghetto, but how at the same time the owner and staff were using it to help the underground resistance.

?

its a facinating place for sure, and theres still more to discover!

heres my pictures in a seperate thread

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after...75/#post416743

Terrific photos, it is a frightening looking place. The cruelty is hard to comprehend.

Having visited this site on 18-06-14 i can say the displays have changed, a lot of what is shown here is no longer on display.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Having visited this site on 18-06-14 i can say the displays have changed, a lot of what is shown here is no longer on display.
    That's a shame

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Maybe the rotate them , the floors in the cells are now covered by glass you are asked not to touch the walls, the fee is only 7PLN about £1.20 and we were the only people in there.

For those arriving into Krakow by train (we arrived in from Presov, Slovakia), keep an eye out for the large 'Rauchen Verboten' approaching Krakow Central Station, painted on one of the outer railway buildings. I tried to get a pic but missed it.

I must visit the museum on my next trip there also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2