Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

Article about: Thought I'd upload a few photos from a trip to Krakow, a few years back. Beautiful City should anyone wish to visit. The most common site is obviously Auschwitz, but some other significant p

Default Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

Thought I'd upload a few photos from a trip to Krakow, a few years back. Beautiful City should anyone wish to visit. The most common site is obviously Auschwitz, but some other significant places can be found within the city itself. The Gestapo HQ museum is very moving and adds perhaps to the understanding of the daily brutality that Polish people had to live under throughout that time. Also of note is the Pharmacy museum within the old Jewish ghetto area and the Plaszow site(mentioned in Schindler's List) and monument just 20 minutes walk down the road.

Another thing I noticed about the Gestapo Museum was the way people still laid flowers and placed candles outside, which remained untouched and undisturbed. There were also sections inside which dealt with the polish resistance, and the later Soviet occupation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.   Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.  

Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.   Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.  

?

Default Re: Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.

Some great shots Friedland, thanks for sharing them. I'd agree, there is so much more to see in Poland than Auschwitz, but EVERYBODY should visit that place. Too many people, especially young people, have no idea about what happened there. That is something that should never be forgotten. It's good that you have highlighted other places of note too, people suffered in many, many locations.

Regards,

Carl

A few more.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.   Gestapo HQ Museum. Krakow, Poland.  

?

thanks for showing, i have been to krakow and didnt even know about the gestapo museum, next time i go i will definetly pop in for a visit, rgds Dave

Great pics ! I am planning the Krakow/Auschwitz trip in February and I will certainly be visiting this museum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Dave. Yes we almost missed the place ourselves, I think there was the briefest mention just giving an address in a guidebook we picked up. It has no website as far as I can tell, but the details are:

Silesian House. 2 Pomorska St.
    Open Tuesday-Saturday 9am - 4pm.

The Eagle Pharmacy museum (not to be confused with the 'Pharmacy museum' which is actually different) is located in the Podgorze ghetto area itself:

Remembrance Museum - Eagle Pharmacy / Apteka Pod Orlem
    at 18 Plac Bohaterow Getta square

?

Thanks for posting on my next trip they'll be on my list to visit !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for sharing these pics!

Regards

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Great pics ! I am planning the Krakow/Auschwitz trip in February and I will certainly be visiting this museum

Nick
    Nick, let me know before you go and I will give you a few tips and bit of useful info.

Cheers,

Carl

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Nick, let me know before you go and I will give you a few tips and bit of useful info.

Cheers,

Carl
    Thanks Carl, will do mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast