Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Grave of Reinhard Heydrich

Article about: Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich grave in 1942 and today ,and some pic of ambush ,in war and today , and funeral

Default Re: The Grave of Reinhard Heydrich

Although Heydrich was a cold blooded killer, I read some interesting information about him working with Himmler to forcibly move over 20,000 Jews to Madagascar. Their intent was to move over 100,000 Jews there until about 1940 when they decided it was easier to kill them instead. Wicked, Wicked men indeed.

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Is his grave still marked? Or is it now unknown? I know General Gille's grave "disappeared" and he was a soldier!
    tHE grave destroyed by soviet after war ! but i have no proof of this

?

were is the car to what country ?

Quote by iron View Post
    were is the car to what country ?
    As pointed out above, the Mercedes and the other memorabilia associated with the Heydrich Attentat are the property of the Czech Army Museum in Praha. I saw all of this material, in fact, in Bratislava, where it was on display in a local history museum as a traveling exhibit.

Heydrich's grave in the Invalidenfriedhof in Berlin is gone, either through the actions of Soviet troops or due to the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961.

The SD was the security service of the SS and NSDAP which then, on the model of the Bavarian Political Police, took on new roles and missions to create, in part, a dual pillared organization of the Sicherheitspolizei within the overall new organization of German police with Himmler as its head. In this way, civil servants were amalgamated into the SS in a step by step system, which was highly complicated. Nazi Germany worked on a combination of old state structures coopted by the Nazis and with Nazi structures, of which the SS and in this case the SD were outstanding.

Himmler and Heydrich constantly took on new roles and missions, using old line civil servants in the process. The Gestapo was created in the Gestapa in Prussia (versus Bavaria) under the aegis in 1933 of H Goering as part of the Nazi seizure of power in the most populous part of the Reich. Himmler and Heydrich began their process in Bavaria, whereupon in the course of 1934 they proceeded to the other German states with their reorganization of internal security. Heydrich played a central role in this process.

The Czech armed forces have published a nice work in English on the Heydrich assassination. I shall include the ISBN number.

Also see the new Peter Longerich bio of Heini H to which I have referred elsewhere in this site.

Happy reading.

Further views of the funeral cortege of the deputy Reichsprot****r, who was, as others have indicated, an outstanding example of decadent middle class morals (music and sports) and compromised military virtue (going outside his lane with women in the navy) gone entirely wrong in the extremity of the era 1919-1945 with appalling results. He had a lot of company in the 20th century, actually, when one looks at central and eastern Europe in terms of failed careers that end up in service of totalitarian ideologies of remaking humanity by mass murder and the whole sale disenfranchisement of subject peoples, be they so called subhumans or perhaps so called classes fated to disappear.
    Deschner suggests that RH did not believe all of the hocus pocus in the SS, but this assessment weighs little in the sum of this man's impact on Europe and the world.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grave of Reinhard Heydrich   The Grave of Reinhard Heydrich  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Further views of the funeral cortege of the deputy Reichsprot****r, who was, as others have indicated, an outstanding example of decadent middle class morals (music and sports) and compromised military virtue (going outside his lane with women in the navy) gone entirely wrong in the extremity of the era 1919-1945 with appalling results. He had a lot of company in the 20th century, actually, when one looks at central and eastern Europe in terms of failed careers that end up in service of totalitarian ideologies of remaking humanity by mass murder and the whole sale disenfranchisement of subject peoples, be they so called subhumans or perhaps so called classes fated to disappear.
    Deschner suggests that RH did not believe all of the hocus pocus in the SS, but this assessment weighs little in the sum of this man's impact on Europe and the world.
    Great pics Friedrich, Has anyone else have pics of the funeral cortege etc? I'd love to see them. Stewy

The Hoover Institution at Stanford, California USA has a two volume presentation set, likely from F. Bauer, Muenchen, of the funeral, especially in Berlin. I cannot recall if the Praha ceremony is in these two volumes. The two presentation volumes were taken from Heini H's Tegernsee or Starbergersee Haeusele, if I recall. It has been a quarter of a century since I saw them, but they are there. I am sure there are others, if you look in the various German on line photo libraries. I did find these two among the Bundesarchiv on line resources put in Wikimedia earlier in the month.

Happy holidays with a theme quite inappropriate to the time.

?

It mostly smacks of glorification of human misery...that is making such nazis somehow good in any way when these very types fueled mass murder on a scale on par and exceeeding that of their "enemies".

?

Just a small point and forgive me if you think I’m being picky.
    Don’t forget the misery friend Joe put the Russian people through. His reign of terror lasted longer than Hitters, covered an area just as great but went mainly unnoticed [or ignored] by the allies.
    Remember also the Russian prisoners Churchill and company returned to disappear.

We all tend to forget about the eastern gypsies that were all but wiped out, both by Hitler & Stalin.
    Then the gypsies didn’t have any money people, or political influence behind them to shout foul.
    Please remember that Hitler was not the only evil during the 30’s and 40’s. Japan didn’t hang back when it came to ethnic cleansing either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast